Username: Password:

Author Topic: Farnham's Famous Clams  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Dan

• View Profile
  • Bike: Kawasaki Ninja
Farnham's Famous Clams
« on: November 05, 2014, 08:55:20 PM »

Every riding season here in the north we recognize that there is that last day of tolerable temps, the last day we can ride comfortably and enjoy the open road without having to worry about road salt, freezing temperatures and all that jazz.  You never know for sure which day it will be but if I were a betting man I would guess that today was that day.  Temperatures were in the low 60's at peak today and the riding was fine.  As the day worn on the wind picked up and future forecasts call for lower temps and rain and then... ugh, snow.  For my last full day of riding I chose to explore, riding the back roads and highways from Topsfield to Ipswich, Essex to Peabody and Gloucester to Rockport.  It was a great day with enough time to take a few photos of the graying days and barren trees.  I don't have much of a narration on this ride out so, I hope you enjoy the photos!

Canadians are a hearty bunch.

More leaves on the ground than in the trees in most parts of Massachusetts.

I've shared so many photos of the Ninja over the last two plus years but I always seem to find another angle or setting I really like.

I'm standing on the grounds of a canoe outfitter, they have a prime spot along the Ipswich River.  Someday I plan on paddling these waters.

Up in Rockport amongst the working boats.

The most photographed building in Rockport, I'm only adding to it's status.

Lunch at Farnham's Famous Clams.  You can keep your nobody clams, I'll take famous clams any day!

The swanky interior of Farnham's Famous Clams.

Eating my lunch from Farnham's Famous Clams outside along the salt marsh.  My famous clams are actually halibut.  They are very, very good.

My dining partner didn't have much to say but kept staring at my food and hopping around.  He looks well fed and I'm not sure he can actually fly anymore.

While my bike isn't packed away for winter I'm doubtful there will be another day like this until spring, at least not one I'll be able to take advantage of.  So my fellow riders, if you got some nice weather get out and enjoy before you have to pack up for winter.  See you with more ride reports in 2015.

Offline Bajakirch

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Concours 1000
Re: Farnham's Famous Clams
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 10:11:11 PM »
More great shots of the Ninja and Mass.

Offline CountryG

• View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 06:16:03 AM »
You have  a great eye for photos! 

Most seagulls that I have met have a way of making me believe that they haven't eaten in days.

Offline Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 06:56:10 AM »
CountryG, that particular seagull could use some time on a treadmill.  haphap

Offline POXY

• View Profile
  • Bike: 86 Honda 700s
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 07:40:57 AM »

thanks for taking us along,nice pictures and nice places.
fall was always my favorite time of the year in nature.

how many miles do you have on the ninja now?
I'm working on it!

Offline DesignFlaw06

• View Profile
  • Bike: 2006 Yamaha FJR
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 07:58:22 AM »
Best ride I get it now is to lunch.

Looks like fun.

Offline Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 09:09:09 AM »
POXY, I have around 14,000 miles on the Ninja so far.

Offline SmugglersBlues

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 02:22:11 PM »
Awesome pics. I have to get out that way. I'm out here in Central Mass and I believe you are correct yesterday may be one of the last great days. Unfortunately I was working a double.

Offline hockeyhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 07:03:14 PM »
Another great ride report Dan with awesome pics as usual. Seems like you have gotten out more in the last month or so than you have all season, Nice to see the Ninja out and about.
03 FZ1, 97 DR650

Offline Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 05:52:04 AM »
Smuggler, you're lucky to live in central Mass, I love riding around the Quabbin and the area in general but it takes me nearly an hour to get out of the metro area to those great riding roads.  Next season if you're up for a ride together keep me posted.

HH, I've been riding all summer it's just that I haven't been posting much here or anywhere for that matter.  Sort of taking a digital vacation.

Offline hockeyhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 01:32:51 PM »
Well whats with this vacation stuff you speak of  uhuh1  Dont you know that I love looking at your pictures.  haphap
03 FZ1, 97 DR650

Offline SmugglersBlues

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 12:34:30 PM »
Dan, I'm definitely interested in riding. Hopefully we have an early spring. We'll have to meet up.

Offline Hog Dog

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 750
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014, 06:50:45 PM »
Thanks for sharing your report and pics Dan.  Our leaves are just starting to turn in NE Texas.  No packing the bike away for winter here but we do have periods of days, occasionally a week of cold and rain and snow that sucks for riding.  Ninja is looking good. 
Lucky Lindy's evil twin

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved