Username: Password:

Author Topic: Sunday Ride  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Drdubb

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 83' 650, NC700X
Sunday Ride
« on: March 16, 2015, 08:26:59 AM »

Spring is almost here...the forecast for Sunday was sunny and low 60's, however the reality when the ride started was cloudy and high 40's. Still got in a nice ride. Pretty much repeated last week's ride, but once I reached the target area I turned down every road that I hadn't ridden before and got lost a few times, but really enjoyed the ride. The area is dairy country so it was full of rolling meadows, pastures and of course...cows. I found a couple of new gravel roads. I was on the Nighthawk, but I took them anyway. There were several sections of mud that made me a little nervous, the Big Red handled them fine. Put in about 6 hours in the saddle, had lunch at Saxeco (a gas stations transformed into a pretty good restaurant) and dessert at a Maple View Dairy trailer. Twas a great day.

Rode by what must be an artist's home way out in the sticks. Lots of metal sculptures on the property.

Passed through the Orange county seat of Hillsborough. Neat little town. I thought Springator would like a picture of the 1820's law office. I think all law offices should be limited to this type and size of structure.

Other general pics

Blog posts at:
Adventures of an Old Fat White Guy

Offline Hog Dog

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 750
Re: Sunday Ride
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 09:05:33 PM »
Nice pics and report dubb.  Waiting for some dry days for 6 hours in the saddle.
Lucky Lindy's evil twin

Offline Frankjr

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1997 Night Hawk
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 03:56:45 AM »
Nice pics. Glad you got a chance to get out. What luggage rack is that on you're bike?

Offline Drdubb

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 07:36:10 AM »
Nice pics. Glad you got a chance to get out. What luggage rack is that on you're bike?

I once had a Hondaline, but I wanted a top box and couldn't bring myself to cut it, so I sold that and bought the cheap Mutazu. Had to do some bending to mount it, but it does the job. The box is a cheap Bestem..I also added the light kit and am pleased with the additional visibility factor on the brake lights.
Blog posts at:

Offline CountryG

• View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 06:02:46 AM »
great pictures.

I LOVE RIDE REPORTS.

Thanks for taking the time !

Offline LOKi

• View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCx
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 09:17:01 AM »
Ahhh spring time. Funny how temperatures that in the fall make a ride unbearably cold are now warm days to ride. Stay vigilant out there. Even if you did ride all winter, the cagers have not been exposed to nearly as many bikes. Takes some time to get used to seeing bikes.
Ride fast and take chances.

Offline Drdubb

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 03:06:06 PM »
Loki...you are right. Another hazard is all if gravel and sand left after the snows.
Blog posts at:

Offline razorbacksrule

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1992 nighthawk
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 06:52:19 PM »
Been looking for hand guards where did you purchase yours ?

Offline Drdubb

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 05:34:24 AM »
Those are for a V strom. Has to make a bracket for the left one. I think I've got some pics. I'll hunt them down and post them.
Blog posts at:

Offline Adventurer

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2016, 01:57:52 PM »
Those are for a V strom. Has to make a bracket for the left one. I think I've got some pics. I'll hunt them down and post them.

Yes, please post pics Re: Guards.
Every day is a gift.

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved