Username: Password:

Author Topic: NY to Gettysburg  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Vinerman

• View Profile
  • Bike: CB700SC
NY to Gettysburg
« on: May 05, 2015, 08:30:58 PM »
I am thinking of riding to Gettysburg this weekend.  I will be starting in NYC and riding down Saturday morning.  Hopefully camping somewhere and then riding back on Sunday.  Google Maps is recommending taking 78.  Anyone hane any suggestions or wish to join me?

Offline mollusc

• View Profile
  • Bike: CB700S | NC700X
Re: NY to Gettysburg
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 06:07:50 AM »
I would join you but I'm still trying to pack up and move house.
made of meat

Offline Drdubb

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 83' 650, NC700X
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 12:12:59 PM »
Camped their a couple of years ago with the motorcycle....there was a boy scout Jamboree that weekend...needless to say...we only stayed one night.

I caged their a few years before that..had a motel in walking distance and that was great.

The best thing I did was the personal tour. A ranger rides in your car and directs you around the site, explaining in detail all that happened. Well worth the money.

Its an amazing place with much to take in...very sobering...
Blog posts at:
Adventures of an Old Fat White Guy

Offline Vinerman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 01:29:48 PM »
Thanks man. I can help with the move if needed.

This is going to be the bike last hurrah with me. I still do not have  job and so as bills come up the bike has to go.

I will grab plenty of photos for you guys.

Offline mollusc

• View Profile
  • Bike: CB700S | NC700X
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 03:30:16 PM »

One of my wife's students works for a moving company, and has an employee perk of the use of a truck and crew.  Not going to turn THAT down, but I'll keep you in mind for miscellaneous stuff.
made of meat

Offline Vinerman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 03:39:24 PM »

One of my wife's students works for a moving company, and has an employee perk of the use of a truck and crew.  Not going to turn THAT down, but I'll keep you in mind for miscellaneous stuff.
You lucked out on that one!

Offline Bumblebee

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1982 CB650
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 12:22:45 AM »
This is going to be the bike last hurrah with me. I still do not have  job and so as bills come up the bike has to go.

A motorcycle isn't going to pay hardly anything in the terms of bills. And that is THIS month. Next month, you're back where you started this month minus the motorcycle which could have been used for high mileage/low cost operations. A $15,000+ motorcycle sure, probably, maybe. Something like $1000 or less that a CB motorcycle will sell for, you might as well keep it because it won't solve any real actual problems unless you live in a 10th world country where $50US is a families annual income. The USA is just too frigging hell expensive to bother with a measly $1000..just look at your monthly expenses to prove the point to yourself. That won't even buy you a month rent in way too many places nowadays.

Offline Vinerman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 03:55:44 PM »
trip canceled.  the bike won't idle, hopefully it is only the carbs.  will know more by the end of the weekend

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved