Username: Password:

Author Topic: Some rides from Vancouver  (Read 916 times)

Offline Enzo

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1984 CB750SC
Some rides from Vancouver
« on: May 30, 2014, 12:43:09 AM »
I am trying to come up with a list of 'circle' rides to try this summer from Vancouver.
My goal is to get a list that includes rides of different lengths, so I can pick them off depending on how much time I have.

Here are a couple of the longer ones I have so far. Vancouver to :
- Lillooet via the Sea-to-Sky highway and the Duffy Lake Road, then back along the Fraser Canyon and Lougheed Highway.
-  Agassiz along the Lougheed Highway, cross the Fraser River and take the Trans Canada to Hope, then to Princeton along the No.3 highway, over to Merrit then back along theCoquihalla to Hope, and back along the Lougheed.

I would appreciate comment and suggestions from riders who have ridden in the area.

Offline Enzo

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1984 CB750SC
Re: Some rides from Vancouver
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 12:37:40 AM »
(Has it really been two years?!!!)

This past weekend I went on a rewarding ride with a couple of friends to the village of D'Arcy on Anderson Lake, from Vancouver. 
The route went from Vancouver to Squamish, then through Whistler, Pemberton, Mount Currie and on to D'Arcy.

We did take one detour, before arriving in Whistler, on the winding Callaghan Road which goes up the Callaghan Valley.  We turned around just before the park gate, about 9.5km along the road.  It is a well maintained road, and the last bend before the park gate is a hairpin.

In D'Arcy my riding mates and I visited the salmon spawning channel where the water was running, but no sockeye were in yet;  then we went to the lakeshore for a short lunch break before our return trip.

To D'Arcy and back is about 400km (250 miles).

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved