Username: Password:

Author Topic: 2014 Maiden Ride, Gloucester, MA  (Read 710 times)

Offline Dan

• View Profile
  • Bike: Versys 650 LT
2014 Maiden Ride, Gloucester, MA
« on: May 31, 2014, 05:53:03 AM »
This run has become somewhat of a tradition for me, this being the third year.  I take a ride up to Gloucester for lunch and grab a hot dog from a street vendor and watch the sea.  It's one of the few nice quick getaways from home that doesn't have too much traffic.  The whole trip is probably an hour of riding total, maybe a bit less.  Of course it always takes a bit longer on a bike as there are always things to see, food to eat and interesting roads to ride.

Prime parking by the sea.  Just a few steps from Joe Hot Dog.

Joe Hot Dog.  Not sure if it's supposed to be Joe's but the sign on the cart states, "Joe" so there you go.  This isn't a hidden gem of fantastic street food, the hot dogs are tasty but pretty ordinary.  The view on the other hand is quite nice.  Plus Joe is a bit surly in a charming way which is kind of fun.

The culinary creation, a hot dog with cooked onions and mustard on a split top bun.  This whole split top bun thing is very New England.  I can't recall seeing many, if any, while I lived in Wisconsin.

I know I've shared a photo of this statue before but I really like how this one turned out.

There are many of these viewfinders lined up and down the sea walkway.  I don't know what it is about them but they remind me of my childhood.

The rusty rail along the salty sea.

Close up along the seawall.

Stage Fort Park gazebo.  This park was full of people having cookouts today.  Not surprising as it was a beautiful day with temps close to 80˚F.  A bit surprising though as it was a Monday.

One stop along HWY 127 for a shot amongst the blossoms.

A little drama.

Goodbye from Gloucester!

Offline DesignFlaw06

• View Profile
  • Bike: 2006 Yamaha FJR
Re: 2014 Maiden Ride, Gloucester, MA
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 08:22:21 AM »
Good tradition to have, the hot dog looks inviting. I'd drive an hour for one of those.

Offline Hawks Nest

• View Profile
  • Bike: 02 NH750,99VFR
Re: 2014 Maiden Ride, Gloucester, MA
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 05:35:27 PM »
Glad to see you doing good, Dan.

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved