Username: Password:

Author Topic: Americade - Boston to Lake George  (Read 921 times)

Offline Dan

• View Profile
  • Bike: Versys 650 LT
Americade - Boston to Lake George
« on: July 12, 2015, 06:43:08 PM »

Just some photos from my ride to Americade earlier this year.  I kept the demo photos out as I planned to share those in the general section.

The bikes packed up and ready to go.  We were really lucky with weather, as you can see the ground has puddles as it rained quite a bit before the day we planned to leave and nothing more than a drizzle on one day at the rally.

My Canadian riding buddy, John.  I bought the Nighthawk just so he had something to ride to Americade as there are no good rental options out of Boston.  He seemed to like it quite a bit but now he is an Interceptor owner after his demo at Americade.  Nice guy and a very natural rider, he is still a rookie but is fearless and not stupid... a good combination.

I had plans on stopping at Third Base for lunch on our six hour ride out to Lake George.  I kinda built the place up, telling John what a cool place it was and then it turns out it was closed.  Looks like closed for good too, considering the state of things.  Embarrassingly enough the next two restaurants I picked were also closed along the route.  They say things happen in threes.

Just a goofy fiberglass moose.  These were littered all over Bennington, VT.

There are quite a few custom bikes at Americade but this one was particularly nice.

One of the advantages of getting up early to sign up for demo rides is you get some beautiful views of Lake George.  This is just across from the Yamaha booth.

Some scooter love.  Here a Burgman 650 owner is lining up for one of Americade's tours.

The streets are packed with bikes and trikes.  Miles and miles of them lining all the main streets.  Big HD's and Goldwings were the most common.

At nighttime there was a cool LED bike parade.

Badges of honor... or better, bands of honor.  These are the bands you must wear to be allowed to ride the demo bikes.  John kept all his bands on through the three days of our attendance.  I cut my first days off so I lacked a bit of the street cred he had.

This is the big raffle and rock show area on Saturday night.  What's kind of funny if you look at the tent in the background you can spy a long line of people that stretches out of the frame on the left.  They are all lined up for a desert that they had to pay extra for in the registration packet.  John and I passed on the treat and really glad we did, I'm not much for standing in lines if I can avoid it.

Sunset over the mountains.

On the way home we came across this old Ford hot rod at a fuel stop.

We got a little goofy at all the state signs along the route.  I couldn't find New Hampshire in my photos but I know we stopped there too.

Vermont

Massachusetts

The long lonely highway.

The Nighthawk on the 9.

Ninja hiding in the weeds.

Offline Hog Dog

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 750
Re: Americade - Boston to Lake George
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 09:10:39 PM »
Good pics and report as usual Dan.  Looks like you and your friend had a memorable trip. 
Lucky Lindy's evil twin

Offline DesignFlaw06

• View Profile
  • Bike: 2006 Yamaha FJR
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 06:15:52 AM »
What kind of demographic is it bike-wise??  Sturgis is obviously the Harley / cruiser crowd.  Bike Week in Daytona felt more eclectic, but definitely seemed to side on the sportbike / college spring break feel.  I've heard Americade is more centered around the touring bikes.  Goldwings, Ultraglides, etc.

Maybe some day, when I get a little more vacation.  Looks like fun.  I'd like to ride out there, vs trailering like we normally do.  Maybe trailer to a meeting point, and then ride up there.  Someday.

Offline Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 07:04:44 AM »
You got it, DF.  The majority of bikes are HD's tourers and Goldwings and a lot of trikes.  The folks are generally older and it's not nearly as raucous as Daytona.  I've never been to Sturgis so I have no frame of reference.

John and I plan on going again next year, you and Nick should join us.  For that fact, anyone on the board should go, great place to meet up.

Offline Burgi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 01:44:50 PM »
Excellent pictures as always, Dan.
Did you have to book way ahead to get a room?

Good to see New York is doing such a great job tending to their signs.
'09 BMW R1200RT, '09  Bonneville, '08 SYM HD200

Offline Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 04:22:27 PM »
Burgi, I believe I booked in late February or early March and the rally is the beginning of June.  The hotels were pretty full at that time but I still got the one I wanted.

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved