Username: Password:

Author Topic: Old Bird's Last Flight  (Read 844 times)

Offline Dan

• View Profile
  • Bike: Versys 650 LT
Old Bird's Last Flight
« on: July 24, 2015, 12:35:58 PM »

So the Nighthawk is sold and in truth I didn't really ride it that much.  I bought it in early Spring to have as a second bike for a visiting friend.  I totaled right around 500 miles with the bike and only around 250 of those miles were mine.  I took one last ride earlier this week to get some shots for the CL ad I was about to post.  It was a little adventure as I decided to ride up the coast through Ipswich, Salisbury Beach and a few points beyond.

Stopped off at the is place called Bob Lobster to find this artist doing a painting of the local scenery.  I'm stealthily sneaking up on her as the electric-like inline four of the Nighthawk purrs in rhythmic silence.

I made my presence known and chatted her up a bit.  Never know how conversations with artists are going to go, some are very introverted and wish to be left alone and others are extreme extroverts and love the company of others.  Valerie was of the extrovert variety and we spoke at length about a few topics.  My favorite story of hers was when a local fresh seafood shack commissioned her to do a painting and half of the job was awarded in Lobster Rolls.  If you wish to see her work follow this link, www.valerieisaacs.com.  I thought she was quite good and she tells me her site will be updated in the near future.

My next stop is Salisbury Beach for a few slices from my favorite Tripoli Pizza.  I met another rider who was there before and he kindly shared his spot with me.  I plugged a few coins in the meter as he planned on sticking around much longer than I.

He tells me that his bike is a 2004 and to date it has cost him $18k.  He pointed out that curly pipe off the back cylinder, that alone is $800.  That comes out to around $1600/year not including maintenance.  Currently my Ninja is at $2300/year so not bad if you think about it.  He made the comment that my Nighthawk was sooooo quiet when I fired it up to leave.  A Where's Waldo moment, find my Nighthawk in the chrome of the Harley.

Can't leave without a shot of the pizza.  I know it doesn't look like much but that sauce and crust are the best.

I make my way up the coast to take a few beauty shots along the ocean of the Nighthawk for the CL ad.  Many, many other bikers are cruising by.  Yep, he's not wearing a helmet, this is New Hampshire baby, "Live Free or Die".  Interestingly enough there are roadside signs that ask bikers to be respectful and quiet.  Lots of pricey oceanside mansions here with discerning owners.

The beautiful and cold Atlantic Ocean and my Nighthawk.

One last artsy shot of the Nighthawk.

After that I made my way for home down I95.  The Nighthawk is so pleasant on the interstate, stable, comfortable, it was a good but brief ownership deserving at least one ride report.

Offline Hog Dog

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 750
Re: Old Bird's Last Flight
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 06:35:39 PM »
That was a good send off report Dan.  As always your pics shine, just like the chrome on the HD.
Lucky Lindy's evil twin

Offline Frankjr

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1997 Night Hawk
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 06:54:48 PM »
Nice pics. Sounds like a great ride.

Offline clearviewx

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 02CB750 14CBDLX
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 07:03:53 PM »
I thought that was a mass plate on there.  Nothing better than a cruise up Route 1.  Nice ride report
2014 Honda CB1100 Deluxe
2002 Honda CB750 Nighthaw

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved