Username: Password:

Author Topic: Bath time!  (Read 859 times)

Offline NNy

• View Profile
  • Bike: '93 NH 750
Bath time!
« on: August 26, 2015, 06:33:10 PM »
They were due for their baths and I figure it was as good a time as any to take a picture.

Top to bottom:
09 Harley FXDB (Street Bob)
06 Yamaha R6
93 Honda NH 750

My wife and I recently bought the NH 750 together.
The long story behind it is that she rides a Zero Motorcycles model S - an electric bike. We weighed out the options about doing a quick charge system but the price and the result... it just made more sense to get a gas powered bike for the long trips. We discussed what we wanted and settled on a couple bikes that were listed on craigslist. We saw two previous to this one and she absolutely fell in love with it. I couldn't get her to look at anything else. Personally, I was just really happy she found a Nighthawk she liked. I test rode it. It was about what I would expect from a bike that has been sitting for a while. I knew it would need some work. When I got it home and was able to give it a really close look, I started to realize how much.

My project list:
Replace the chain and sprockets.
The frame is chopped just after the suspension. I want to have that welded back on so I can put a better seat on there. I found some videos on how to make my own fiberglass seat pan. What you see on it is a wooden plank with a generic cafe tail shell over it. It's painful to ride after 50 miles.
Remove the pods and put a single intake. I saw a mod done on this forum I'd like to follow that will accomplish just that.
Relocate the battery to a more secure and covered location.
There is some make shift side panels not in the picture that would cover up the battery and air filter location. It actually isn't bad if the right graphics or color scheme was on there.
The suspension is shot. That needs to be replaced.

I will get through that list first before I start on anything else.

Oh, and here is my other bike.

Offline Hog Dog

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 750
Re: Bath time!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 08:17:09 PM »
That's a nice stable NNy.  What gets the most seat time?
Lucky Lindy's evil twin

Offline NNy

• View Profile
  • Bike: '93 NH 750
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 04:41:39 AM »
Thanks!
It's typically divided pretty evenly each year between the R6 and the Harley but I've got about 55k miles on the Harley and 22k miles that I put on the R6. I bought the Harley new and I picked up the R6 4 years ago.

With the NH in the mix things may change though. I've realized that what the NH brings to the table is exactly what I have been missing out on. That beautiful hum of an I4 with a standard/upright riding position is really, really nice. Also, there is a certain character a bike with a carburetor brings that just isn't there with fuel injection.
I am really looking forward to putting some miles on the Nighthawk.

Offline Hog Dog

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 750
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 10:27:05 PM »
I hear you on the I4 carb goodness of the NH.  I rarely get to ride a newer fi bike and I sometimes think it's time to buy a modern bike, but the NH is so darn good I know I would regret selling it.   
Lucky Lindy's evil twin

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved