Username: Password:

Author Topic: Promised Land State Park PA. MC Camping weekend.  (Read 987 times)

Offline hockeyhawk

• View Profile
Promised Land State Park PA. MC Camping weekend.
« on: August 27, 2015, 09:10:37 PM »

I haven't posted a ride report in quite a while so here goes. Five of us got together for a 2 night 3 day ride/camp weekend in Promised Land State Park. http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/findapark/promisedland/

The wife and I have been here a couple of times for day trips with the kayaks and I've been wanting to do a MC/Camp weekend here for a while.

Friday night we did not get on the road untill a little after 6:00 due to Duffy's work schedule. We all met at my house and headed out for the 2.5 hour ride avoiding highways due to rush hour. We stopped about 45 minutes before our destination to grab some hoagies to take into camp. The last stretch of the ride was a bit stressful due to it being after 8 and we were in the mountains with the deer. Fortunately we made it to camp with no incidents. We had to set up camp by flashlights then sat around and had a few beers and cigars before turning in. No pics Friday night since we got into camp late.

Saturday morning Dave was up early and made some coffee and we walked down to the beach for the sunrise. We got there a little late but still grabbed a nice picture.

Saturday Morning we wanted to pick up some firewood for Saturday night especially since we got in too late on Friday to have a fire friday night. So we headed out and picked up 5 bundles of wood and dropped it off at camp before heading out for breakfast and the days ride.

Some pics before heading out in the morning for wood.

The Canvas Campers camping forum was having a camping rally at the campground the same weekend and one of the members asked if he could join us for the ride, so the 6 of us were finally out and about. After a quick breakfast at Spanky's in Newfoundland PA we were ready to rack up the miles.

The only pic I took on Saturdays ride was at one of our stops, Nothing special.

We got back to camp Saturday night about 5ish and were invited to dinner with the Canvas Campers, they had a huge Low country boil and it was awesome.

The view we had walking back to our sight from the bath house.

After diner we hung out with the canvas campers for a little while and then headed back to our sight for a fire and some beers, sorry no pics.

Sunday morning Dave and I were up earlier and made our way down to the beach for some more sunrise pics. We got there a little earlier Sunday.
Lots of fog on the lake.

The sun is starting to wake up.

The fog is starting to lift.

And here she is.

Breath taking.

After breaking down our tents and getting ready to head home.

We headed out early Sunday morning, stopped at Spanky's again for breakfast and decided to take the loooonnnnggggg way home. First stop was at the Francis E. Walter Dam in the pocono mountains.

A couple bike pics at the dam. My VTX.

My buddy Tim just picked up the new to him harley, he got a great deal and it is purdy.

Our next stop was to a water fall that Tim used to take his kids to when they were little. We had to park and hike in about a mile but it was worth it.

Some kids were swimming at the bottom of the fall.

Duffy at the top of the fall.

View from the top of the fall.

Up stream from the fall.

Tim, Pop and Duffy.

That was the last picture I took. We had a great time. A little bit of camping, little bit of adult beverages and about 550 miles of great PA back roads, all with good friends. We are hoping to make this an annual trip and try to coordinate it with the canvas campers group.
03 FZ1, 97 DR650

Offline DesignFlaw06

• View Profile
  • Bike: 2006 Yamaha FJR
Re: Promised Land State Park PA. MC Camping weekend.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 07:04:27 AM »
Nice report.  Pretty cool that the campers group included you guys.  Looks like a good time.

Those are some fantastic sunrise / sunset pictures.  Frame worthy even.

Offline Hog Dog

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 750
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 08:52:31 PM »
Good report and pics HH.  Great scenery pics.
Lucky Lindy's evil twin

Offline Dan

• View Profile
  • Bike: Versys 650 LT
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 09:42:50 AM »
Excellent trip.  I really liked the fog over the lake morning shots.

Copyright © 2006 - 2018 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved