Username: Password:

Author Topic: my new scooter  (Read 1623 times)

Offline det-drbuzzard

• View Profile
  • Bike: cb 450sc
my new scooter
« on: September 13, 2015, 06:28:23 PM »
I've been keeping quiet about this but yesterday I made a trip back to Gaylord, mi. to pick up this 2006 st 1300 a. it had 25151 miles on it and came with the pan European trunk and sargent seat

Offline thunderchild

• View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 700sc
Re: my new scooter
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 06:44:46 PM »
Looks good. Your driveway looks like mine. A lot projects under tarps.

Offline Hog Dog

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 750
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 08:30:25 PM »
Nice ride buzz.  That is just broken in and ready to roll some miles.
Lucky Lindy's evil twin

Offline Hondo

• View Profile
  • Bike: KTM 990 ADV
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 09:56:14 PM »
Awesome sport tourer- congrats!

Offline RJ CB650

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 82 CB650sc
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 09:36:53 AM »
Fabulous bikes those are.  I would love one.

*Honda, "so the ST1300 is a good bike?  Best stop selling it..."

poke1

We have the CTX1300, but not quite the same kitting....  I do like the CTX though...

Offline det-drbuzzard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 03:42:29 PM »

poke1

We have the CTX1300, but not quite the same kitting....  I do like the CTX though...
the ctx is not my style, I don't even like the looks of it. today is the first day I've really gotten a chance to ride the st1300,  last weekend I had my niece with me riding my 1500 wing. she isn't use to it so I couldn't play on the st1300. today after leaving henry's I went riding for a couple hours so I can get comfortable with and on my ST, needs bar risers which I've already ordered. you guys would love the 7.7 gallon tank, I know I do. it has a sargent seat which the guys tell me is much better than a stock seat. the trunk is a pan European which someone ordered from across the big pond, the spoiler and mini arm rest cost extra

Offline Rubo

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1992 NH 750
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 10:18:27 PM »

poke1

the ctx is not my style, I don't even like the looks of it. today is the first day I've really gotten a chance to ride the st1300,  last weekend I had my niece with me riding my 1500 wing. she isn't use to it so I couldn't play on the st1300. today after leaving henry's I went riding for a couple hours so I can get comfortable with and on my ST, needs bar risers which I've already ordered. you guys would love the 7.7 gallon tank, I know I do. it has a sargent seat which the guys tell me is much better than a stock seat. the trunk is a pan European which someone ordered from across the big pond, the spoiler and mini arm rest cost extra
Nice bike.After  few hours how is your impressions.I am thinking of buying older Concourse 1000 since I like the simple styling and I do prefer carburetors however I do like the ST1300 as well.
Please do share your views.Thank you

Offline det-drbuzzard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 02:46:23 AM »
so far the only mod I've done is to add handlebar risers, not sure if I like them or not. and it came with a sargent seat
I've put close to 1300 miles on the mighty ST and really like it. it won't replace my wing, hard to beat a wing for comfort. last Friday I made a run form Detroit, mi. to mackinaw city, mi. 596 miles. It was windy and cool, never made it over 55* and the mighty ST13 ran great and handled the gusty cross winds very well. I looked at a few connie 1400's and fjr1300's, both have more power that a st1300 but I chose the mighty ST1300 for the 7.7 gallon fuel tank, I filled my tank and rode 240 miles yesterday after work and there is still enough gas in the tank to go another 50 miles or so. seeing that you want carbs take a look at some ST1100's

Offline Hiatus

• View Profile
  • Bike: 700s
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 06:23:56 PM »
Looks nice. The st is high up on my short list.

Offline studiosteve

• View Profile
  • Bike: 2000 NH750
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 11:10:19 AM »
Ive heard with its weight and height, its a hard boy to back up.  Any issues with that thus far?  How do you like the adjustable windscreen?

Offline det-drbuzzard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2015, 04:54:40 AM »
Ive heard with its weight and height, its a hard boy to back up.  Any issues with that thus far?  How do you like the adjustable windscreen?
well the ST13 is heavier than your nighthawk but you shouldn't have a problem backing an ST13 up. I mostly rode my 1500 wing so everything I get on feels like a lightweight. I've had the ST13 about a month now and I did 600 mile one day ride to mackinaw, mi. a 240 and 260 mile ohio ride plus a few rides ( day and night ) to Toledo, oh. and I'm very happy with my purchase though I would like to get a newer Goldwing in a few years

Offline Rubo

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1992 NH 750
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2015, 11:04:53 AM »
so far the only mod I've done is to add handlebar risers, not sure if I like them or not. and it came with a sargent seat
I've put close to 1300 miles on the mighty ST and really like it. it won't replace my wing, hard to beat a wing for comfort. last Friday I made a run form Detroit, mi. to mackinaw city, mi. 596 miles. It was windy and cool, never made it over 55* and the mighty ST13 ran great and handled the gusty cross winds very well. I looked at a few connie 1400's and fjr1300's, both have more power that a st1300 but I chose the mighty ST1300 for the 7.7 gallon fuel tank, I filled my tank and rode 240 miles yesterday after work and there is still enough gas in the tank to go another 50 miles or so. seeing that you want carbs take a look at some ST1100's
Thanks for feedback! I will look into ST1100 still a great bike and within my budget.
There is a guy on ytube pushing ST1300 in corners like a sport bike.Just watching it makes me feel dizzy.Goes to show these bikes can corner and handle fine.One thing I read which I like that All ST's have lower gravity hence weight becomes none issue once get going.
skip to 2min mark and watch

Offline det-drbuzzard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2015, 01:35:18 PM »
rubo I've done a couple of iron butt rides and the guy that puts our rides together still rides an ST1100. I was looking at ST1100's myself but most of them I found are red and red just isn't my color

Offline DesignFlaw06

• View Profile
  • Bike: 2006 Yamaha FJR
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2015, 02:16:13 PM »
I do prefer carburetors

Uh.... why?   hmmmm2

I'm not trying to sound mean, I just can't wrap my head around why.  I'll never own another carbureted vehicle.  FI....just push start and go.  Carbs are simpler I guess.  I don't really work on my vehicles anyway so that skews my perspective, I'm sure.

I really wanted to like the ST1300.  Before the demo rides, it was the top contender.  But I just didn't find it comfortable for a tall guy like myself.  That and the Jetsons spaceship engine sound were my only two negatives.  But comfort is a big one, so it lost out.  It rode nice and the weight didn't seem to be noticeable until slow speeds.  Range is greater than the FJR, but not by much.  I've done 280 on a tank.  It weighs about 100 lbs less than the ST and 6.6 gallons in the tank.

Honda is notoriously slow when it comes to this, but I feel that the ST is due for a makeover.  Not a complete overhaul.  Cruise control is the thing that stands out for me, and that is becoming more and more common.

The black looks sharp!  nice1 Glad you're enjoying it William.

Offline det-drbuzzard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2015, 06:15:20 PM »
to late for the ST1300 makeover Honda stopped making them around 2012. I was looking at fjr 1300's also tim but found the ST1300 first. the weight is anon-issue for me, I'm coming off a1500  Goldwing and at only six feet tall either bike ( fjr or ST ) fits me fine. I know the FJR 13 is lighter, quicker, and has more power and some say it handles better too but after a month of ownership I am happy with the mighty ST1300. looking to the future I do see an FJR1300 though but first I want another wing. as for anyone else buy what you like and you'll be happy

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved