Username: Password:

Author Topic: Little Roads  (Read 874 times)

Offline Dan

• View Profile
  • Bike: Versys 650 LT
Little Roads
« on: October 16, 2015, 09:25:44 AM »

Due to a slow moving truck in front of me I detoured down a little road that took me to some of the prettiest spots I've seen nearby the north shore area.  I snapped a few photos to share.

My first stop for many photos was this little stone bridge.  The sunlight was just breaking through the trees.

Another from a different angle.  The weather was perfect, neither too warm or too cold, sunny and fairly calm.

A quick stop at Russell Orchards Farm for a still warm apple cider donut.

Swampy river.

Lunch break was at Farnham's Famous Clams.  I usually get the cod bites but wanted something that wasn't deep fried so opted for the blackened fish tacos... didn't realize till my order arrived that the "shell" were deep-fried little bowls.  It was good if not too healthy.

I think I've shared this view a few times in the past.  Farnham's Famous Clams is located right at the edge of a salt marsh, quite a nice view for dining outside.

Another spot down an unknown little road that I've passed more times than I can remember.  Glad I made the turn today.

I wish this shot turned out better, also along a windy seldom traveled road this sailboat is being refurbished but the whole thing looks so homemade from the structure, to the armature holding the boat and the boat itself.  I wanted a better angle but didn't feel right trespassing on their property so this was the best I could do.

One last shot of the mighty Ninja.

Great day for riding though the wind did pick up in the afternoon and was quite blustery on the interstate ride back home.  So glad I'm still finding neat areas to explore so close to home.

Offline DesignFlaw06

• View Profile
  • Bike: 2006 Yamaha FJR
Re: Little Roads
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 12:10:45 PM »
Yeah you already know what I'm going to say......

nice1

Offline Hog Dog

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 750
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 07:26:43 PM »
I always enjoy your ride reports Dan.  Good to get on those little roads sometimes.
Lucky Lindy's evil twin

Offline OMinbound

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk CB650
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 06:11:25 AM »
Damn truck...

Offline Burgi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 03:01:51 PM »