Username: Password:

Author Topic: My daily vulcan  (Read 625 times)

Offline wahvtec

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1985 cb700sc
My daily vulcan
« on: January 10, 2016, 05:21:26 PM »
Here's my trusty 02 vulcan 500.  I'm glad I have something that's always ready to ride when my projects are in various states like my cb700s is right now.  The P.O. bought this bike brand new, put 1600 miles on it, and wrecked it.  Forks were bent slightly and the tank is a little rashed etc.  Owner parked the bike in the back yard under a cover where it sat for the next 6 years.  My cousin traded a TV for it, but never picked up the bike.  An additional 2 or 3 years later my cousin realizes she cant fix this thing after all the weathering.  Cover actually rotted off.  She saw that my old cb350 had come around nicely and said if you can haul it away you can have it....So for the next couple months anything with fluid in it was flushed and cleaned.  After a painful amount of time I got an affordable set of used forks on ebay...(after riding with the bent ones for a while). I added some new tires and a couple carb cleanings and it has been driven daily for the past year and a half as my work commuter bike.  Corrosion here and there and paint is bad in person, but overall super reliable.  Even though it is small for my 6 foot 1 self I wont be selling it anytime soon. 

Offline Hog Dog

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 750
Re: My daily vulcan
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 07:31:14 PM »
Good that you got it back on the road.  Can't beat a free bike.
Lucky Lindy's evil twin

Offline wahvtec

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1985 cb700sc
Re: My daily vulcan
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 11:30:54 AM »
Thanks!  Not at all.  Cranked her up in this mornings 32 degree weather and went right on to work.  Hoping to get the same reliability out of the nighthawk eventually haha.

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved