Username: Password:

Author Topic: Ontario  (Read 3693 times)

Offline McJamie

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1984 CB650sc
Ontario
« on: May 26, 2014, 04:48:46 PM »
Looks like I'm first here too.
What do I win?

I'm in south/eastern Ontario and spend most of my riding season in the Tweed area where our summer place is

Offline Attavior

• View Profile
  • Bike: '83 CB550SC
Re: Ontario
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 06:00:09 PM »
I also hail from Eastern Ontario, Bay of Quinte Region.  I have toured around Tweed allot, great spot too.  Love the ride through to Marlbank. 

Offline McJamie

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1984 CB650sc
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 06:58:31 AM »
If you go a little further north of Tweed, you will find Flinton road, across Hwy41 & north up to Myers Cave rd, south on Henderson, cross Hwy 7 onto Arden rd, out of Tamworth cross 41 again and that will put you at the opposite end of Marlbank rd.
Or, when you get to Hwy7, cut across to Arden rd, but then very quickly go left onto Price rd and follow that to Mountain Grove/Long Lake rd ( great little beach towards the bottom), go south to Parham, right/east on Wagerville rd and follow it back to Tamworth/Arden rd/Hwy 41.

That's a typical morning loop for me. I start just a bit east of the bottom of Flinton rd.
All roads are very twisty, and the pavement is quite good. The majority have very little traffic on them as well.

Offline Attavior

• View Profile
  • Bike: '83 CB550SC
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 06:52:18 PM »
Never made it that far on the bike.  Been on Flinton Rd many times in the cage.  Is all the road work done then?  The last time I was there they had just started to tear the road apart and they had loose gravel everwhere.  Never bothered taking it since then.  Loved that road in the car, i can just imagine it on the bike.  I will put those routes into the GPS and go for a cruise there sometime.  I am always up for new roads. 

Offline Fastorpastor

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1991 hawk 750
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 04:17:33 PM »
Hey guys. I just got my first bike on the road about 3 weeks ago and am really enjoying my new transpo. It's a 91 NH 750. I'm in peterborough and am hoping for an extended riding season well into the fall!

Offline Captainkirk

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '85 Nighthawk S
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 07:30:29 PM »
Welcome! Are you new here, or just returning?
Measure twice, cut once

Offline Fastorpastor

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1991 hawk 750
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 07:23:38 AM »
A little of both.  I dropped in last year, but as I never got the bike on the road until this month, I didn't really post much.  So pretty much new.   

Offline Captainkirk

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '85 Nighthawk S
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 11:49:03 AM »
Welcome, then! wlcm1
Measure twice, cut once

Offline Igor

• View Profile
  • Bike: cb450sc
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 10:49:27 AM »
Whoooowwww..what happened here:))..I was away in Europe for a couple of years and was not on the forum since I was not riding..came back to Canada and behold we have a new forum, new registration and a new look:)))...just getting my NH ready for riding..it was in storage for two years so needed some cleaning, tuning and touch ups..will be riding within a week..good to be back....later guys!!!

Offline brownbrady

• View Profile
  • Bike: CB450SC
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 04:14:11 PM »
I'm a new rider from Oshawa. I haven't been to a lot of places yet except a scenic route from Oshawa to Port Hope near Lake Ontario. Glad to be here.

Offline RoadSailor

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1983 NH 750
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 08:02:15 AM »
Hey Guys,
I'm a 2nd time Nighthawk 750 owner from Kitchener-Waterloo.
Just completing restoration on an '83 NH750 which is identical to my first bike (sold back in 1993).

Can't wait to get it on the road and dress it up for some touring this summer.
Planning a 25th anniversary tour down thru the Adirondacks to the New England coast... Should be a blast!

Ride far and ride safe.
Might see you out there sometime...

Tom
KW

Offline Rice Burner

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1985 CB750SCF
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 11:59:19 AM »
Hello, I am from Woodstock, ON and have a red 1985 750S that I bought new in 86.  Still have it and still ride it.  There are a few more around the town too still running.

I brought it out of 10 year storage 2 years ago and did a complete teardown to change the alternator chain, lap the valves, new main bearings, new gaskets etc.  New tires and a few other small parts and it runs and looks like new.

One thing on my bucket list is to ride around Lake Superior.  See the "Ride Lake Superior " web site.

RB

Offline VintageNightHawk

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1984 CB450sc
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 11:25:32 AM »
Hello from GTA,

I was a member here a few years ago but had to stop riding due to health reasons. Now I am ready to get back into it. In the process of ordering a new battery, cleaning the carb and a few other things before my 84 CB450sc is ready for the road.
Better late than never

Offline loudsubz

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1991 CB750
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2015, 07:51:07 PM »
Hey guys/girls!

Just bought a virgin 91 NH750 with 39,000km on it. I am from Mississauga and just got into riding this spring. Originally bought a Yamaha V star 650 with plans to Bob it out, but didn't really get into the whole cruiser thing so went on a search for a new bike and came home with a NH.

Loved it as soon as I got on. Too bad the season is almost over, but I have some plans for it over winter (cafe)

Cheers!

Offline Cowboy77

• View Profile
  • Bike: 84' 650 NH
New member in dufferin county,
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2016, 04:45:23 PM »
New rider, first bike 84 650, i live in the orangeville area , ill see you guys out there in the spring :)

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved