Username: Password:

Author Topic: New Season, Same Joe  (Read 385 times)

Offline Dan

• View Profile
  • Bike: Kawasaki Ninja
New Season, Same Joe
« on: May 20, 2016, 09:15:36 PM »

My inaugural ride to kick off bike season was completed today.  Per my last three years I made my way to Gloucester and dined seaside at Joe Hot Dog Stand.  Joe was there with a few updates to his operation yet the same old joke.  Again, I asked for water with my meal and he points to the bay and says... drumroll please, "there is the ocean".  That Joe, what a charmer.  He did mumble a few things to me but I could only discern that he is hoping for bad weather so he can take a few days off.  With that, the picture show!

Rock star parking right next to the hot dog stand.  Check out that banner, meatball subs, Joe is diversifying.

Holy crap!  An awning and two barstools, this is one swanky hot dog cart.  Joe is going high class this year.  Now you can eat and enjoy Joe's acidic comments all at the same time.

I may tease about Joe and the hot dog stand but it's some fine street food.  Seriously, if you are in Gloucester stop on by, he is along the harbor just south of town from 10 - 3.  Can't miss him.

Decided to take the scenic ride around the peninsula towards Rockport.  A lovely view of the Atlantic encouraged me to park my bike on the sidewalk illegally for a quick snapshot.

Then I spied a Dairy Maid and got the hankerin' for something sweet.  The name, Dairy Maid threw me.  I guess it's a spin on milk maid which I don't really equate to ice cream but they serve a mean frappe.  By the way, when I lived in Wisconsin we called frappes, shakes or malts or sometimes malted (never understood the past tense version).  You usually get a blank stare if you ask for a malt in New England but frappe and shake are common.

Me and all my riding buddies enjoying a cold, refreshing treat... awwww, just a bunch of empty chairs.  Eh, I've got a frappe, motorcycle, winding roads and warm temps.

See you next year Joe.  Can't wait to see how you spruce the joint up in 2017.

Offline Hog Dog

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 750
Re: New Season, Same Joe
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 09:49:47 PM »
Good start to a new riding season.  Dogs look good. 
Lucky Lindy's evil twin

Offline SoloVoyage

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1991 nIGHTHAWK
Re: New Season, Same Joe
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 06:41:24 AM »
 nice1

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved