Username: Password:

Author Topic: CB750 Nighthawk vs. Bass Boat  (Read 1017 times)

Offline desmoryder

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1998 750NH
CB750 Nighthawk vs. Bass Boat
« on: June 02, 2016, 06:33:07 PM »
I had a close call recently riding in the mountains.  I was leaving Deal's Gap (Tail of the Dragon) on NC Hwy 28 and exited a turn to find a truck towing a bass boat COMPLETELY IN MY LANE!  I lifted the bike out of the turn and moved to the edge of the road and just managed to squeeze by.  This could have ended badly had I not reacted quickly.  It was all of 2 seconds from the time the truck appeared from behind the trees until I passed the back of the boat. Just a reminder to stay alert and always leave something in reserve to deal with the unexpected. 

Offline clearviewx

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 02CB750 14CBDLX
Re: CB750 Nighthawk vs. Bass Boat
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 09:46:15 AM »
Glad you were safe.  That would of made me turn around.   mad1
2014 Honda CB1100 Deluxe
2002 Honda CB750 Nighthaw

Offline Hog Dog

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 750
Re: CB750 Nighthawk vs. Bass Boat
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 06:13:06 PM »
So many bad drivers you can't chase & beat them all down.  I occasionally have drivers in my lane on the narrow 2 lane country roads that I prefer to ride.  About 4 years ago one really got close to me even though I was near the grass on the far right of the road so I chased him down and asked why he was driving like that.  Luckily he was an older sensible fellow whose wife was on my side telling me that she told him to slow down and stop going over the center line.  I usually just take a deep breathe, thank God and keep riding.  Glad you escaped untouched by the bass boat pulling fool.   
Lucky Lindy's evil twin

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved