Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pagoda  (Read 730 times)

Online Adventurer

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
Pagoda
« on: July 17, 2016, 07:52:25 PM »
I have only put around 400 miles on my (new to me) '92 Nighthawk CB750 (as a busy, working, married father of five), but love getting out, anywhere and everywhere I can, in-between all the festivities and had been meaning to get out to a Pagoda, not all that far from here, since picking up the bike.  I finally had an opportunity to do so, today and seized the moment. There were a few nice scenic overlooks along the way, which I might of pt to upload later, but for now, here's the pic I was really hoping to get, as it's just not everyday one gets to a Pagoda, at least here in America, that is. ridn2

Every day is a gift.

Offline Hog Dog

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 750
Re: Pagota
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 05:40:35 AM »
Good pic.
Lucky Lindy's evil twin

Offline mollusc

• Dedicated Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB700S | NC700X
Re: Pagota
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 05:44:33 AM »
That's one to send in for the annual calendar.
made of meat

Offline SteveNH750

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1990 NH 750
Re: Pagoda
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 11:21:10 AM »
Is this outside of Reading PA ??

Offline Dan

• View Profile
  • Bike: Versys 650 LT
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 05:32:55 PM »
Excellent photo!

Online Adventurer

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 07:33:21 PM »
Thanks Dan, mollusc & Hot Dog!  BTW: Is there actually "annual calendar" photo section on these forums, mollusc...or was that just a wonderful figure of speech and gracious compliment?

For anyone who might be interested in making the trek out to this Pagoda themselves, here are directions, taken directly from their website...

Directions:

From Penn Street Bridge travel East on Penn Street in Reading (you can see Pagoda from bridge). Penn Street becomes Perkiomen Ave at 11th Street. Turn left onto Hill Road (after City Park, very steep street - you can once again clearly see the Pagoda). At the traffic light make a left turn, then 100 feet after the light make a hard right onto Duryea Drive. Follow the signs and continue traveling up the mountain on Duryea Drive to the Pagoda.​

Physical/GPS Address:

98 Duryea Drive
Reading PA 19602
USA​

http://www.readingpagoda.com/directions.html
Every day is a gift.

Offline Dan

• View Profile
  • Bike: Versys 650 LT
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 07:50:15 PM »
BTW: Is there actually "annual calendar" photo section on these forums, mollusc...or was that just a wonderful figure of speech and gracious compliment?

There was a calendar produced for a few years but I believe 2015 may have been the last.  I can't say with complete certainty but that is my understanding.  And if the calendar was still being produced I would also recommend that image.

Offline DesignFlaw06

• View Profile
  • Bike: 2006 Yamaha FJR
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 08:38:46 PM »
BTW: Is there actually "annual calendar" photo section on these forums, mollusc...or was that just a wonderful figure of speech and gracious compliment?

There was a calendar produced for a few years but I believe 2015 may have been the last.  I can't say with complete certainty but that is my understanding.  And if the calendar was still being produced I would also recommend that image.

I ran a calendar contest for a few years.  But the 2016 calendar required begging for people to participate.  They all turned out well, but the interest really wasn't there.  We only sold 19 calendars, 4 of those were mine.   Basically the only ones that ordered any are the ones that gave me a picture.

I wish it had more interest and this photo certainly would qualify.  But I've decided that the only way I'll do another one is if I get enough pictures submitted ahead of time.  I didn't mind the effort I put in, I minded the begging for pictures and votes for each picture.

Here's the last calendar we did:
http://www.lulu.com/shop/tim-searles/nhf-2016-calendar/calendar/product-22486348.html#

And the page I did the contests on:
http://searles.no-ip.org/nhfcalendarcontest/

Online Adventurer

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 09:26:43 PM »

I ran a calendar contest for a few years.  But the 2016 calendar required begging for people to participate.  They all turned out well, but the interest really wasn't there.  We only sold 19 calendars, 4 of those were mine.   Basically the only ones that ordered any are the ones that gave me a picture.

I wish it had more interest and this photo certainly would qualify.  But I've decided that the only way I'll do another one is if I get enough pictures submitted ahead of time.  I didn't mind the effort I put in, I minded the begging for pictures and votes for each picture.

Here's the last calendar we did:
http://www.lulu.com/shop/tim-searles/nhf-2016-calendar/calendar/product-22486348.html#

And the page I did the contests on:
http://searles.no-ip.org/nhfcalendarcontest/

Thanks Dan & DesignFlaw06, Good to know!  I've created a login, using my Nighthawk-Forums.com username on your calendar site...just in case you do opt to offer this opportunity again in 2017, per your and mollusc's suggestion. If so, let me know. Standing by.
Every day is a gift.

Offline CountryG

• View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 08:30:24 AM »
As always, I'm up for the calendar.  Pictures and ride reports, that's what I like to see.

It takes time to put a ride report together.

So, thanks to all that take the time.

Offline MrBill

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1995 Nighthawk
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 06:26:16 PM »
Adventurer,

Happy Monday.

Back in the 70's, I lived in the Reading area (in the thriving metropolis of Orwigsburg), and used to go to the Pogoda for dinner occasionally.  Is it still a restaurant?  It was pretty expensive, but the view of the city from the outdoor seating was really great.

In addition, there used to be sports car hill climb races on Duryea Drive.  I tried it a once with my 1969 MGB, just to see if I could do it.  Brings back lots of memories.... most of them good.

Ride safe.

1995 Honda Nighthawk 750
2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved