Username: Password:

Author Topic: Sports Touring Bike?  (Read 2368 times)

Offline det-drbuzzard

• View Profile
  • Bike: cb 450sc
Re: Sports Touring Bike?
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2017, 06:46:16 AM »
well I said that the 7.7 gallon tank on the mighty ST 1300 wasn't big enough so I did something about it. I had cousinjeff put a three gallon fuel cell on mine, he's not done with the plumbing yet and his ST 1300has one also

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee381/detdrbuzzard/20170511_125009.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Offline Wahrsuul

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2017, 05:19:43 AM »
Very nice looking work.  On mine, the 7.7 gallons is plenty, but I can appreciate this set up.

Offline det-drbuzzard

• View Profile
  • Bike: cb 450sc
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2017, 03:01:11 AM »
Very nice looking work.  On mine, the 7.7 gallons is plenty, but I can appreciate this set up.
I also ride with couzinscott and couzinken, scott rides a bmw r 1200 rt with a three gallon fuel cell and Kenny rides an fjr 1300 with a three gallon fuel cell so now we will all have a fuel cell and can extend our range if needed

Offline Adventurer

• View Profile
  • Bike: 92 CB750 NH
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2017, 08:26:55 AM »
Finally got a chance to have the used, maroon Targa Tsunami (front fairing) I'd picked up sometime last August (just before we had to suddenly throw everything into storage a couple months, close on our home and move; eventually unpacking), off an Oklahoma Craigslister, re-glassed and professionally painted, so I could install her last week.

Have since put roughly 500 or so more miles on my '92 Nighthawk, and am BLOWN AWAY at just how BEAUTIFULLY she (finally) CUTS THROUGH THE WIND!

Had finally mounted the Targa Air Dam ("Chin Scoop" / "Cowling" / "Lower Spoiler") shortly prior, which I'd picked up off NHF Member razorbacksrule, out of Arkansas, too.

This winning combo is an absolute GAME CHANGER!

While the stock/OEM/naked headlight NH look is cool looking (which drew me to the bike, off a NY Craigslister), and later, temporarily adding the (eBay) National F-16 Fairing helped with buffeting/the wind...

With the (unfortunately discontinued) Targa Tsunami & Targa Air Dam combo installed, she feels like she [much more] quietly hugs the road, which may lead you to believe you're going about 30mph slower than you actually are, (when cruising on the highway), which is fantastic...in helping cut down on fatigue tremendously (especially when combined with a nice pair of properly inserted ear plugs).

By the best, conservative estimates, my Nighthawk would appear to now look 100,000x's cooler than she previously had...well, at least to me. Haha! :)

In short:  STOKED!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Every day is a gift.

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved