Username: Password:

Author Topic: Sports Touring Bike?  (Read 4374 times)

Offline Adventurer

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sports Touring Bike?
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2017, 12:40:18 AM »
Nice! Certainly looks ST to me.  nice1
Every day is a gift.

Offline Ace21

• View Profile
  • Bike: 97Nighthawk 750
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2017, 09:37:52 PM »
I have a dl650 vstrom and nh750, and both are capable bikes. I ride both equally. The NH is my favorite around town! Commuting, I will ride either depending on what I'm taking with me.

For long distance the strom is preferred, mostly because I have long legs and bad knees. That is not to say that the NH couldn't do the same thing.  My friend used my NH on two long trips (fully loaded with camping gear and stuff) over the last couple years with no complaints or hardships.

The nighthawk is faster and smoother, and looks retro cool (imo). Although the tank is small, meaning more fill-ups.

I would rather buy a good less-expensive bike (or two) and really ride them, and put the extra money into quality riding gear and a few amenities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know this isn't a "stable mates" thread, but go ahead and post a pic of your NH & Vstrom side-by-side here, if you get a chance, to compare and contrast.

Would like to post some pics, but Photobucket has messed up all my posts. They want me to go premium to fix it.

Haven't checked-in in a while because of it.

Offline Adventurer

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2017, 10:02:48 PM »
Would like to post some pics, but Photobucket has messed up all my posts. They want me to go premium to fix it.

Haven't checked-in in a while because of it.

Yeah, everyone on all the forums seems a little frustrated by Photobucket's new policy at the moment.

I switched over to the paid version of Tapatalk for uploads.

Others have mentioned using Smug Mug and Flicker. Best of luck.
Every day is a gift.

Offline jspringator

• View Profile
  • Bike: ST1100, XT225
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2017, 06:10:57 PM »
I use the iPhone as a hub.  I have a Flash Air card for the camera that I use to transfer files to the iPhone via Wifi in the card.  Flash Air has an app that makes it pretty easy.  This way I don't have to use the iPhone for all my pictures.   I edt the photos in the iphone, and when I'm ready to upload I start the Flickr app.  The photos upload automatically.  I expect someday I'll have to pay, but it is incredibly convenient.

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved