Username: Password:

Author Topic: Bellypan  (Read 807 times)

Offline Dindindin

• View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 700sc
Bellypan
« on: February 12, 2017, 04:34:32 AM »
I live in england and have a beautiful 700sc....1985 year...i would love to locate and buy a bellypan for my machine...if anyone can help please email me...   Greenlightdt@gmail.com.  please help. I would show you how good condition my bike is but dont know how to add pictures.

Online mollusc

• View Profile
  • Bike: CB700S | NC700X
Re: Bellypan
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 05:00:58 AM »
You posted this request before, and several people answered.  Basically there aren't any that are bolt-on.
As for pictures, read the forum help -- there's a whole thread on how to do it.  You need to host them on an external site like Flickr.
made of meat

Offline Dindindin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 05:49:35 AM »
Ah im going to do that. Im proud of my bike which was ann inheritance. I thought i would ask again in case someone had their memory jogged and looked at the back of their man cave . ( garage....shed) this is a great site and some great examples here

Online mollusc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 06:48:42 AM »
If you do some searching on the interwebs you might come across some info on what people have used as a base piece and modified.
They're often called a "chin spoiler" so you might want to look using that term as well as "belly pan."
made of meat

Offline Wahrsuul

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 05:19:55 AM »
There was one that was made for the bike I believe.  It was a bit more rounded than the Targa version.  I had one in RWB, but it left with the bike.

Online mollusc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 05:42:06 AM »
Several years ago a user named Spacetiger did a lot of well-planned mods on his S.  I believe he used the chin spoiler off mid-80s Kawaskai GPZ750 with only a few modifications to the mountings.  If there was a genuine one ever released then they're extremely rare -- the guy in (Ohio? I forget where exactly) with 44 of these bikes who actively hunts down unique examples for his collection doesn't seem to have any with chin fairings.
You're probably going to have an even harder time finding one outside of the US.
made of meat

Offline Dindindin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 03:07:41 PM »
My goodness! People actually tried to help. Thanks..some good advice( chin spoiler eh?) I'll look for one of them ta

Offline Adventurer

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 09:06:27 PM »
Not sure if this is what you're looking for or not, but here's what a "Targa Air Dam" a.k.a. 'Chin Scoop,' (or) 'Chin Spoiler,' (or) 'Lower Fairing,' (etc), look's like, installed on my '92 Nighthawk:

Anyways, hope this helps and happy hunting; A lot of great options out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Every day is a gift.

Offline Dindindin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 02:38:04 PM »
That my friend is exactly the badger I'm looking for, ta bud...I'm impressed with the bike,  looking special pal. Searching one right now

Offline Wahrsuul

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 04:42:53 AM »
Hm, the one I have doesn't look like that, it's more rounded.  Currently has the RWB paint scheme.  Looks like it was made for the 700S models.

Offline Adventurer

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 05:23:45 PM »
That my friend is exactly the badger I'm looking for, ta bud...I'm impressed with the bike,  looking special pal. Searching one right now

Thanks, glad you like it! Here you can see how it ties in with the optional but corresponding front fairing upgrade, too.

Every day is a gift.

Online mollusc

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2017, 09:36:06 PM »
I've never really understood what a belly pan is supposed to do.  Cooling?  More protection for the engine and pipes?  Downdraft?
I think they look ugly as hell so I'm not contemplating seeking one out, but I'm curious about their function nonetheless.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

made of meat

Offline Dindindin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2017, 03:17:05 AM »
It's the human condition to change and personalise things so good or bad, stands out. Even joggers collect all sorts of crap when all they need is descent shoes. I like the looks and as for bellypan, the air directed to the exhaust and fins on air cooled machines help to stop the oil from cooking. Liquid cooled engines don't need them. People put spoilers on cars. Totally useless on a family saloon but if I sold spoilers, I'll come up with all sorts of figures to sell more. 

Offline Adventurer

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2017, 09:25:14 AM »
I've never really understood what a belly pan is supposed to do.  Cooling?  More protection for the engine and pipes?  Downdraft?
I think they look ugly as hell so I'm not contemplating seeking one out, but I'm curious about their function nonetheless.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Here's one NH owner's take on'em, in general:

"...As the name implies (spoiler) they were meant to provide additional downforce on the front end. Help keep the bike planted to terra firma as the speed increases. Also provides additional cooling to lower part of the engine but that is not it's main purpose. Looks cool depending on your point of view." —John McClain (10/28/07)

Source:
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!msg/nighthawk_lovers/cBvhhjZol9s/a7BdfFGNXuMJ
Every day is a gift.

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved