Username: Password:

Author Topic: Nighthawk 750 - Keep it Stock - or Customize it?  (Read 305 times)

Offline Ace21

• View Profile
  • Bike: 97Nighthawk 750
Nighthawk 750 - Keep it Stock - or Customize it?
« on: March 05, 2017, 11:22:39 AM »
I have a stock 1997 Nighthawk 750 in mostly pristine condition, and was wondering about preserving the Stock/OEM look, or altering it so it looks better (to me). At some point these great little bikes will become more rare, especially given that the CB750 makes such a great cafe racer. 

What do you guys think?
Leave it alone, or make it your own? Just curious how people feel about this issue...

So far I haven't done any permanent changes to the bike, but it is tempting. I still have the stock seat in like new condition.

Online clearviewx

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 02CB750 14CBDLX
Re: Nighthawk 750 - Keep it Stock - or Customize it?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 12:10:28 PM »
leave it alone
2014 Honda CB1100 Deluxe
2002 Honda CB750 Nighthaw

Offline DesignFlaw06

• View Profile
  • Bike: 2006 Yamaha FJR
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 03:19:55 PM »
Leave it alone. 

Pretty much anyone that wants to customize a Nighthawk sucks at it.  They aren't expensive bikes to begin with and so people that want to "make it their own" aren't willing to put much money into it.  Then they think they can sell their garbage for twice the money because of all of their custom work.  Custom work usually means the bike lost a fight with a reciprocating saw, they can't get it running right, and think someone else wants a bike that can't be ridden. 

You won't find much love for modified Nighthawks here.  Most of the members like to ride their bike, rather than modify it.

It's a great bike and will serve you well.  Don't mess with that.

Offline Ace21

• View Profile
  • Bike: 97Nighthawk 750
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 04:18:21 PM »
Not ever planning to sell my bike, but you never know.

I need new mirrors unfortunately (one mirror is bad), and the after-market mirrors are limited on choices. I like the look of bar-end mirrors, but I think that would require new handlebars, and therefore new grips, etc...

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved