Username: Password:

Author Topic: Look What Followed Me Home (photos fixed)  (Read 911 times)

Offline ScandiumFrame

• View Profile
Re: Look What Followed Me Home (photos fixed)
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2017, 06:20:09 PM »
I hear that. Also the price tag is so close to the 650 it's like meh might as well.

Offline Dan

• View Profile
  • Bike: Versys 650 LT
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2017, 10:11:02 PM »
The 300 is $5400 vs the base 650 at $8100. So there is a difference. I really think the bikes have different missions and doubt there will be many choosing between the two.

The great thing about the older 650 is that it has been around for a long time and through three generations. You can find older models cheap and there are gobs of accessories available to make it whatever kind of bike you want, very much in the tradition of the old UJM's.

Offline ScandiumFrame

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2017, 03:48:28 PM »
They had the 650 on a great sale at my local dealership which made it a lot closer.

Offline Bajakirch

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '12 V-Strom 650
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2017, 07:02:23 PM »
I looked long and hard at the Versys when I was bike-shopping, though my budget had me looking at the previous gen models. While I ultimately chose a V-Strom, I'm sure I could have been happy on a Versys.

The thing that the Versys has going for it, at least around here, is that used models are priced about $500-$1000 lower than similarly kitted, miled and aged Stroms.
Get on your bikes and ride!

Offline ScandiumFrame

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2017, 10:12:11 AM »
I looked long and hard at the Versys when I was bike-shopping, though my budget had me looking at the previous gen models. While I ultimately chose a V-Strom, I'm sure I could have been happy on a Versys.

The thing that the Versys has going for it, at least around here, is that used models are priced about $500-$1000 lower than similarly kitted, miled and aged Stroms.

I think the current gen Versys is awesome, and the previous gen are ugly as sin. If that matters to you of course...some people legit don't care about looks in a vehicle and I completely respect that. I just can't personally drop it.

Offline Dan

• View Profile
  • Bike: Versys 650 LT
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2017, 10:17:58 AM »

I think the current gen Versys is awesome, and the previous gen are ugly as sin. If that matters to you of course...some people legit don't care about looks in a vehicle and I completely respect that. I just can't personally drop it.

While the bikes have a similar appearance they are very different bikes. The VStrom is more rugged and trail worthy and also larger with a longer wheelbase. The Versys is more a sporty bike on stilts, quicker steering and sharper handling and completely road focused.

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved