Username: Password:

Author Topic: New Windsor to Charlotte  (Read 462 times)

Offline naota

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1982 CB750sc
New Windsor to Charlotte
« on: April 23, 2017, 10:00:02 AM »
Earlier this year I got promoted at my job and with the conditions of the new position I had to relocate to Charlotte, North Carolina. On April 20th, I started my 700 Mile trek from New Windsor, NY to Charlotte, NC.

https://www.mapcustomizer.com/map/NaotasTrip
  (Map of Trip)

The day started off wet and rainy. I did some last minute packing of the my car and my 2015 CTX 700. The rain finally stopped around 7:30 am and we left approximately 7:45 am.

I stopped and fulled up my tank and my mom filled up my car. We got onto the road around 8:00 AM. We hit 84 westbound and made the trek from New Windsor to our first stop at Matamoras, PA to pick up some ciagrettes and to get some drinks.  From there I rode until Wilks-Barr to get some lunch.  We stopped at a McDonalds that was supposed to mirror a classic restaurant. To this point the weather was cloudy and cold. While eating the sun came out and started to warm up.

After Lunch I rode for making several stops at various gas stations to hydrate, get gas if needed and to stretch and walk. While riding, we hit into some rain near strassburg VA. After stopping for about an hour to eat and dry up. We continued to Woodstock PA.

We stopped for the night at a hotel and relaxed for the rest of the night. I was tired for the first 1/2 of this trip. My tailbone was sore and my lower back was crying and I still had half a trip to go.

At 5 am, we woke up and got some breakfast. I fueled up at the liberty gas station and we were on the road around 7:45 am. we continued going throughout the day making multiple stops along I-81 to rest, eat, fuel up and to stretch. During the home stretch of the ride, We got onto 1-77 and continued riding until I hit some rain. I trudged through it until I saw lightning. we stopped at Troutman NC until the thunderstorm had passed. Around 6:00 Pm we made it to the new house and i promptly unloaded the car and laid down on the floor to help with my back.

This trip was long but fun. Hard yet satisfying.  I used all technical, offensive and defensive riding and I rode through the rain for the first time.  I  know I won't forget this trip and I know my body will need some time to heal especially that I am very sore.  On the bright side, No monkey butt, However, I will need to invest in a corbin seat. :P

Offline clearviewx

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 02CB750 14CBDLX
Re: New Windsor to Charlotte
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 12:59:01 PM »
Glad you made it safely
2014 Honda CB1100 Deluxe
2002 Honda CB750 Nighthaw

Offline Hog Dog

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 750
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 08:49:46 PM »
I've had a few trips where I had to push on in the rain.  Sucks big time but it definitely makes the trip memorable.  Recover and enjoy some pleasure riding in the NC mountains.  Just in time for warmer weather.
Lucky Lindy's evil twin

Offline OMinbound

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk CB650
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 05:51:06 PM »
Welcome to the south, boy!

Offline Dan

• View Profile
  • Bike: Versys 650 LT
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 06:52:22 PM »
Nice journey. What kind of range per tank do you get on the CTX?

I've had a Corbin seat, do some research before buying. They are good seats but they are very stiff.

Offline naota

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 06:58:52 PM »
I was fueling up every 150 miles or so. I was getting about 65 MPG. I didn't see how far I could push the tank. I estimate around 210 miles or so if I was pushing it. Other than that. The ride wasn't too bad.

Offline det-drbuzzard

• View Profile
  • Bike: cb 450sc
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 03:09:13 AM »
nice write-up, had you ever done a ride of this length before natoa

Offline naota

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 07:06:45 PM »
nice write-up, had you ever done a ride of this length before natoa
This is the first ride of this length for me. It was a bit tiring and long. But I made it through with no issues. This was also the first time that I rode in the rain as well.

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved