Username: Password:

Author Topic: My "Shelter Dog"  (Read 189 times)

Offline wineguyd

• View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 750
My "Shelter Dog"
« on: June 11, 2017, 08:30:54 PM »

The BMW R1100R is a shelter dog, a mutt, and one of the best all around bikes BMW ever made(much like the Nighthawk CB750 is to Hondas).  It's the first "oilhead", the first Beemer with electronic fuel injection, and the first model to use the revolutionary "Telelever" front suspension setup.  It's a jack of all trades and master of none. The R1100R was the first naked street fighter when it came out in 1992(but most wrongly think it was the Ducati Monster in 1993) and it can be found in every modded form from cafe racer to scrambler, and to bobber.  I've been stripping mine down even further and shaved it from it's original 512 pounds to about 460 right now.  It won't give any modern Jap bike any challenges but it has some pretty hefty low end torque. There's an equestrian feel on the bike when you mount the saddle, very different from other bikes.   Eventually replaced by the R1150R Rockster in 2003 and later the R1200R, my shelter dog still brings a smile to my face when I greet her.
Duabus rotis moventis animam

Offline Hog Dog

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 750
Re: My "Shelter Dog"
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 09:10:32 PM »
I have always liked boxers.  Agree that they are much like the NH. 
Lucky Lindy's evil twin

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved