Username: Password:

Author Topic: old shoes  (Read 254 times)

Offline viffer

• View Profile
  • Bike: '91 Nighthawk
old shoes
« on: June 23, 2017, 01:22:04 PM »
So for the past week I've been riding the Nighthawk while the VFR sits. It's been 17 years since I last owned or rode her. The more I ride, the more it feels like that comfy old pair of shoes that just fit right. Now don't get me wrong the VFR is an awesome ride. We can easily click off endless miles and the twisties are a blast. It has seductive power, awesome brakes, and great handling. The Nighthawk however feels much better for my daily commute, easily zipping thru traffic with nimble steering and tailor made gearing. I think I'll keep her around.....
'91 Nighthawk
'00 VFR Interceptor

Offline Hog Dog

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 750
Re: old shoes
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 08:43:48 PM »
That's why I still have my 750.  I know there are faster, better handling, more bells and whistles bikes, but the NH fits me just right and is truly one of the most dependable bikes.
Lucky Lindy's evil twin

Offline oilfield_trash

• View Profile
  • Bike: Super Tenere
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 08:04:39 PM »
My first motorcycle was a brand spanking new 2000 NH750. I always regretted selling it. Last year I got a different 2000 with only 4500mi on the clock. Same feeling. It's such a good motorcycle. It does everything pretty well and never gives me a bit of trouble. These bikes are true gems.

Offline Wahrsuul

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 04:35:33 AM »
I've always wanted to try one of the VFR 800's, I'm told they're very much like a smaller ST1100 (or the other way around).  I was 18-19 when the original VFR came out.  Man was it pretty, but at the time I was a fairly new rides, and a 700 was a "big" bike.  It's one of the few bikes I wish I'd ridden.

Offline aycaramba

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 05:46:39 AM »
I do love the sound of that V4. But I agree about the NH. My 2003 750 suits me perfectly. And while I find myself starting to think more about finding a more modern bike, I can't come up with a good reason to spend the money (except that maybe my wife would object, stongly).

I think the old pair of shoes or jeans is a really good analogy.  I'd say that's exactly how I feel about my bike.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline jayjsallee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 09:03:43 PM »
I've spent time with and on both.  Great machines!

Offline king1138

• View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 750
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 11:12:25 AM »
Last year my 96 Nighthawk broke my leg. After the healing process and my wife's reluctant permission, I began riding again. But my daily ride was a cheap Chinese knock off of a Suzuki DR200. After I finally fixed my Nighthawk a few weeks ago, it was exactly like putting on that perfect old pair of shoes you keep in the back of the closet reserved solely for mowing the lawn and kicking around the house. It feels good to be back!

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved