Username: Password:

Author Topic: 92 NH make over and list of improvements  (Read 401 times)

Offline Rubo

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1992 NH 750
92 NH make over and list of improvements
« on: July 05, 2017, 08:35:38 AM »
Hi Guys Here is my new NH make over

After changing some key components I am in love with the bike.Overall effect just wow rides like a sportbike!

1 Changed tires to both redials and wow what a difference in handling.I can corner sharper think left already there right already there
just overall solid feel.

My tires
150/70ZR-17 (69W) Continental Conti Motion Rear Motorcycle Tire - Rear 

110/80ZR-18 (58W) Bridgestone Battlax Sport Touring T30 Front Motorcycle Tire - Front

Suspension

Rear RFY 13.5 inches and handling improvement dramatically better not bad for $70 dollars!
Front looking at progressive springs....to be added later

New Chain sprocket and riveted myself!All above installed myself including tires.

New front and back breaks.Stainless front is on the list

Shifting smoothing out nicely with the new chain and my old chain had 3 rings that were frozen in place and could not even move with a mallet.Should of seen this earlier.Glad changed it.What a difference this made rides like Cadillac now smooth.

Offline Adventurer

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
Re: 92 NH make over and list of improvements
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 01:03:08 PM »
Wow, look'n classy; Well done!

Please post "before" pics too, if/when you get a chance.

Mine's a '92 also. Enjoy!
Every day is a gift.

Offline Hog Dog

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 750
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 05:43:16 PM »
Sounds familiar Rubo.  Glad you are loving the NH.  What size rear sprocket did you get?  I am back to stock 38 but a few years back I had a bigger(40?)  that made the NH accelerate quicker.   
Lucky Lindy's evil twin

Offline Rubo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 03:46:54 AM »
Sounds familiar Rubo.  Glad you are loving the NH.  What size rear sprocket did you get?  I am back to stock 38 but a few years back I had a bigger(40?)  that made the NH accelerate quicker.   
Hi HD
Thanks for your help deciding on tires.I am glad I went redials.Seriously improved handling.I stayed with stock 38 myself as well.I did not want to have overworked highway and did not want sluggish 1st gear so stayed with stock which to me is nice compromise.
regards

Offline Rubo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 04:14:09 AM »
Wow, look'n classy; Well done!

Please post "before" pics too, if/when you get a chance.

Mine's a '92 also. Enjoy!
Thanks for liking it.Pictures are crap the paint color and bronze tank strip is beautiful and hard to see that in the pics.When I get a chance will take better pics.I painted the bike myself using rustoleum spry cans and the triple clear was impressive for $7. Really like their pruducts.
Unfortunately my original NH looked like crap-broken plastic,broken engine fin.bent headlight bracket,headlight etc. Basically bought it from Argo Cycles NH that was in accident.It had only 7k miles so figured worth 1k I paid for it (could of bought for 700 if I had a better sense).Did not take pics but it was not worth taking anyway. I cleaned the carbs 3 times and finally after replacing all float needles bike started to run without squirting fuel in engine.
Did learn lot of things on maintenance on NH so after working so many hours on it I feel NH is my friend....I am sure bikers can relate to this.
regards

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved