Username: Password:

Author Topic: My new 91 NH 750  (Read 386 times)

Offline sgarnett

• View Profile
  • Bike: 91 NH 750
My new 91 NH 750
« on: July 24, 2017, 05:19:42 AM »
I got this 91 a little over a week and 150 miles ago. It has 49xxx miles, but I chose it over some others with half the miles because it is well-maintained and in great condition. The previous owner had just had a lot of work done (forks rebuilt, wheel bearings, brakes, tires, xring chain, sprockets, etc) before accepting a job in Hawaii. It did sit for two years, started every now and then by his dad. I ran a healthy dose of Seafoam through it just "because", but the carbs seem fine.

The one thing that suffered from storage was the gummed-up clutch, which took us several hours to work loose enough to go into gear without dying. It was a long drive, so I wasn't giving up easily. It still drags a little, but maybe no more than normal for a wet clutch.

This is my first bike. I've already taken the MSF class, but still would have bought something smaller except I'm a big guy and live on a busy and hilly country highway. I had some reservations, but the NH has turned out to be easier to ride (for me) than the little bikes in the class.

Oops, I'm not sure I had the right side cover snapped all the way in for the picture. Oh well.

Offline Rubo

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1992 NH 750
Re: My new 91 NH 750
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 09:35:31 AM »
Congrats same year color for me although I changed mine almost totally yaaaah3 bnna+ without cutting the frame.

Offline sgarnett

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 12:47:43 PM »
The rear fairing is notched for the sissy bar that came with it, and I think the muffler rivets have been drilled out and replaced (though it still seems quiet, so I'm not sure what was done). Other than that, mine is still stock (or repaired with stock parts) as far as I know.

Offline sgarnett

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 12:50:39 PM »
I understand that there may be some debate about whether red or yellow is faster. For 1991 though, red was clearly the fastest  bnna+

Offline DesertDragon

• View Profile
  • Bike: 96 Honda NH
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 01:32:29 PM »
I understand that there may be some debate about whether red or yellow is faster. For 1991 though, red was clearly the fastest  bnna+

Ah yes, the age old "Color vs. Speed" debate... Sorta like the "High Top vs. Low Rise" Tennis shoe debate of 1963...
Clearly, the 91 in RED has been documented to be the fastest, for that year, while in 1996, the NH 750 in Pearl Shining Yellow (first year available in that AWESOME shade) was the clear winner.
In one of those amazing coincidences, we both have seemed to find the best in class for the breed...
.. Or perhaps, due to superior intelligence, good looks, etc... I could go on... But I won't.
 scheet2
DD
Keep the Rubber on the Bottom!

DD

Offline sgarnett

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 03:03:01 PM »
 :joker:

Offline Wahrsuul

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 04:52:00 AM »

Ah yes, the age old "Color vs. Speed" debate... Sorta like the "High Top vs. Low Rise" Tennis shoe debate of 1963...
Clearly, the 91 in RED has been documented to be the fastest, for that year, while in 1996, the NH 750 in Pearl Shining Yellow (first year available in that AWESOME shade) was the clear winner.
DD

Not Just the First year, but the ONLY year.

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved