Username: Password:

Author Topic: Here we go again - Woman convicted and 6 years hard time for MC murder  (Read 271 times)

Offline DesertDragon

• View Profile
  • Bike: 96 Honda NH
The case originally happened a few years ago but the %!$%#@ driver recently took a plea so she wouldn't get 20 years.
She chased after and MURDERED a biker intentionally.
link:
http://www.bikebandit.com/blog/post/woman-who-ran-over-motorcyclist-in-road-rage-case-to-be-tried-for-murder

Similar to a recent case where a driver tried to kill a biker for kicking his door after the car driver illegally swerved into his lane...
In both cases, the drivers were behind the wheel of a Nissan.
Apparently, drivers of these cars (in some cases) have issues.

In both cases, had the biker let it go, it probably would be another econo-box occupant that was killed or injured at some later date by one of these psycho's.

Sometimes, it doesn't matter what you do, or what you did.

Keep your eyes open folks, examples of brain dead self entitled idiots out there are happy to run you down, or off the road actually exist.

Every time I'm on a bike, I assume that I am invisible to EVERYONE.. Except the people that are trying to kill me.
If they don't try - great.  If they do, I'm ready.

Sounds crazy ? - Yep Crazy drivers willing to kill you for being in their way.  That is crazy.

While I would never start an incident, I also won't be a victim.
Lucky for me, I'm in an open carry state.
Keep the Rubber on the Bottom!

DD

Offline Captainkirk

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '85 Nighthawk S
Well, that just flat-out sucks.
I've run into several psychos-in-training, but she sounds like a pro.
BTW, using open carry will probably get you a Murder One charge unless a witness steps forward. They usually don't. Sucks, but it's happened before.
Measure twice, cut once

Offline DesertDragon

• View Profile
Aye Captain..
Yep - Jail is an excellent place for that "woman".

I was upset by the article, and it is very sad that a low life can take out what sounded to be a really great guy.
My point in bringing it up wasn't for the depression it might cause, but rather for awareness purposes.
There truly are folks out there who are so tied up in their own little world that they have no perspective on their actions, and probably feel justified in whatever they do.

In both this case and the "dramatic dash cam video" one where the driver crashed trying to kill the biker, the guys on the bike kicked the car.
For a driver (in either case) to take that kind of action based on a scuff.... That fuse was lit and it was only a matter of time before something happened.

I guess the take away for me is, our 600 lbs of man and machine is no match for a psycho in a tank, and a car IS A TANK compared to a bike.
Since you don't know if it's just an inattentive driver who nearly ran you off the road, or a dedicated psycho, rolling the dice on retaliation isn't a safe bet.
Driving actively defensively and expecting the worst out of other drivers has helped me avoid both altercations and collisions.

If it does turn out to be a psycho, and they continue in their vehicular tirade, I would (and have) called 911 with their license number and description.
In a big city - might not work immediately, but psycho's tend to remain psychotic, so if they are reported more than once.... Eventually karma will bite back.

Sometimes a conversation with a guy in uniform can make a difference.
If a cop had pulled that "woman" over earlier, she would have had her car impounded and maybe some jail time for driving suspended etc.
So, for something constructive, I would suggest that anyone encountering a dangerous driver to report them.  It could save someone's life.

As far as the open carry comment, it can provide a good reason for an otherwise psycho to perhaps change his/her mind - just by being there.
An armed society is a polite society.  It does put a serious onus of responsibility on the possessor, and in many places isn't an option.

As far as actually USING a weapon, you are right.  Significant risk is involved, even if you are entirely justified in defending yourself.
I think using ANY deadly weapon is a last - Not the first resort, but what's that old saying... Better to be judged by 12 than carried by six...

Keep the rubber on the bottom
DD

DD

Offline Captainkirk

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
You are right about the deterrent factor in a open carry/ccw situation, as well as the fact you need to protect yourself, but in my experience the long arm of the law ends up beating the victim more frequently than the perpetrator when you try to defend yourself...just an unfortunate fact of life.
I am in complete agreement in getting dirtbags off the road; flipping them off generally does nothing to change their attitude, might enrage a psychotic mind, and as you mentioned, they are in a tank and you are wide open, regardless of the bike. As riders, we generally tend to shake off a bad experience and get back to riding, while we should really pursue enforcement action with a phone call to the state or county LEO's. You may have survived to ride another day, doesn't mean the next guy will, though.
Measure twice, cut once

Offline DesertDragon

• View Profile
Aye Captain!
If I were Elvis, I would say...
"Thank You.. Thank You Very Much!"
 haphap
DD

DD

Offline Dindindin

• View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 700sc
Re: Here we go again - Woman convicted and 6 years hard time for MC murder
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 07:16:44 AM »
Here in blighty we get more of this. Bad and ignorant styles on the roads have escalated to a point that aggressive behaviour is rife. Our government has cut back too much on traffic cops,  relying on the good will of the people.... There isn't any. I discussed this in a meeting with the road safety team. U was told not enough money for cops.  I said the police are not doing the job they're paid for and they're welcome to come out for a drive with me after the meeting.....I could make a cops wage in one hour if they got out of their car ( then 39 hours pure profit) and enforced the law with fines....guess what? They refused. Excuse??

Offline DesertDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 08:50:50 AM »
Here in blighty we get more of this. Bad and ignorant styles on the roads have escalated to a point that aggressive behaviour is rife. Our government has cut back too much on traffic cops,  relying on the good will of the people.... There isn't any. I discussed this in a meeting with the road safety team. U was told not enough money for cops.  I said the police are not doing the job they're paid for and they're welcome to come out for a drive with me after the meeting.....I could make a cops wage in one hour if they got out of their car ( then 39 hours pure profit) and enforced the law with fines....guess what? They refused. Excuse??
That's pretty sad, but of course if you tried to take any action yourself, I'm sure they would be right there to arrest you.
Myself, I wouldn't ride in a big city anymore. 
Take care my friend...

DD

Offline Captainkirk

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 03:20:15 PM »
That's pretty sad, but of course if you tried to take any action yourself, I'm sure they would be right there to arrest you.
Myself, I wouldn't ride in a big city anymore. 
Take care my friend...

I ride because I like it; I consider it "fun".
City riding is not fun. Ergo...
Measure twice, cut once

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved