Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Clam Box  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Dan

• View Profile
  • Bike: Versys 650 LT
The Clam Box
« on: June 12, 2014, 05:46:00 AM »
Another short, lunch-time adventure.  Found a place just north of Ipswich on HWY 1A to eat called, The Clam Box.  This area around Ipswich has become one of my favorite riding destinations.  It's not too far from home and has some interesting sights and roads.  Traffic is light for the area for the most part which is a big plus.

Here tis', The Clam Box.  Been in business since 1935.  Hard to tell from the photo but the building is in the shape of their to go box, the top facade tilts outward like an opening box on four sides.  Their wall of fame included only two actors I was familiar with, Alfred Molina and Andy Garcia.  They also had a write-ups printed from various newspapers over time with the most interesting being from Korea.

My lunch, all kinds of rings.  We have calamari rings and onion rings here with a side of tartar sauce and an iced tea.  Truth be told, this wasn't very tasty.  Not bad just bland.  No red sauce available.  Next time I will try the clams, afterall it's the name of the place so it should be good.  Definitely worth another visit.

A landlocked lighthouse.  Not sure if this structure was moved here or if the owners of the property just wanted to have a lighthouse built as a decoration.  While it's on Plum Island it is nowhere near the coast so I doubt it ever was meant as a functional lighthouse in it's current location.

There is always a lot of nice architecture along the sea and the area along Plum Island is no different.  While many of the homes are nice, this one is just flat out interesting.  I really like the door and frame that leads to the entrance.  Would love to see the inside.

That's it.  Lunchtime is over, back home and to work!

Offline DesignFlaw06

• View Profile
  • Bike: 2006 Yamaha FJR
Re: The Clam Box
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 06:51:57 AM »
I suppose every area has its local flavor, but it seems like you have so many cool things to see on a bike out there. Or maybe its just the way you document it.

Enjoyed the report as always.

Offline aycaramba

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 07:29:09 AM »
Nice report.  I'm always a bit intrigued by lighthouses.   Lots on the Great Lakes, and I try to stop and see one every now and then.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Offline ariwhiteboy

• Last of the V8 Moderators
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB1K-Literhawk
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 08:11:44 AM »
Not a fan of clams, but excellent ride report!  nice1
What is good Phaedrus...

Offline tomb raider

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 85 - 700s
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 02:04:49 PM »
You know how to make someone hungry, I need to pull some Razor Clams out this weekend.
Jimbo

Offline Bajakirch

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '12 V-Strom 650
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 03:30:23 PM »
Great shots, as always.

I'm really hoping to someday be able to take a vacation to New England. It's one of the few areas of the country I've never visited.
Get on your bikes and ride!

Offline Dan

• View Profile
  • Bike: Versys 650 LT
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 04:29:59 PM »
DF, New England just oozes charm and interesting locales.  There is a lot to see and all of it is relatively close by and I'm not even thinking about Boston proper because I usually avoid riding in the city.

aycarumba, I still get funny looks from people who are not familiar with the Great Lakes and I share stories of my old home with them.  When I say lake they think small and can't seem to grasp that it looks like the ocean when you are standing on the shore.

ari, not a big fan of clams myself but I figure I will give it a go since that's there claim to fame.  They do have lobster rolls and something called a pepper burger that caught my attention.

Come on out, Baja.  I will show you around.

Online Hog Dog

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 750
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 06:21:17 PM »
 Excellent report as usual Dan.  Love the house on stilts.
Lucky Lindy's evil twin

Copyright © 2006 - 2018 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved