Username: Password:

Author Topic: Bags are in  (Read 426 times)

Offline gordon

• View Profile
Bags are in
« on: July 14, 2017, 04:44:26 PM »
When I picked these up this morning I thought "WoW, I'll be returning these"! I thought they may be way to big for the Nighthawk. My parts guy said if I dont like them just bring em back and we'll order you some smaller ones. I think they fit the bike good. Commuting back and forth to work will be great. In fact I dont think I will need saddlebag support brackets.  I'll be strapping them down and going ride Sunday

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Offline hppants

• View Profile
Re: Bags are in
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 06:46:31 PM »
They look just fine to me.  I have hard bags on my bike, but when I had the Nighthawk, I used soft luggage.  It took a while to get used to them as far as looks go, but the truth is, if you want to go somewhere on your motorcycle, you have to have someplace to store your stuff.

Ride on, man!!

Offline Aprilfool

• View Profile
  • Bike: 92 NH 750
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 07:48:02 PM »
I like em. Looks great for long trips. Where's you get them?

Offline gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 08:07:32 PM »
I like em. Looks great for long trips. Where's you get them?
I ended up ordering them thru my local mc shop.  They are a small shop and I really  believe in shopping local. I thought about ordering straight from Nelson Rigg, and then I checked Revzilla. Revzilla was 10 bucks cheaper on each item. I had mentioned it to my parts guy and he told me they would beat Revzilla. Just goes to show you high mark ups.

Offline Wahrsuul

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 04:52:11 AM »
They look great, hopefully they hold up.  I had a set something like that - they had internal plastic support so they'd hold their shape.  Withing in a couple months, they were sagging and looking bad.  Its the main thing I don't like about soft luggage.

Offline gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 10:46:26 AM »
Wahrsuul I totally agree. I haven't been able to locate any saddle bag support bars to hopefully cure that from happening. I mayhave to fabricate my own.

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved