Username: Password:

Author Topic: First time rider!  (Read 134 times)

Offline Mulegandy99

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1991 cb750
First time rider!
« on: August 31, 2017, 03:39:40 PM »
Hi,

I'm a first time rider.  Just went through a safety class and bought my first motorcycle!  1991 cb750 nighthawk.  I've been riding it for about a week now.  So far I love it.  My mechanic buddy loves it too. Meaning I won't have to see him for any problems with this motor.  I have a little bit of work to do getting some body panels on.  Ordered some and am waiting for their arrival.  The mufflers were cut down.  It sounds pretty good so I'm thinking for now I'm going to leave them as is.  Just finished putting on some new signal lights in front and in back. New(used) headlight came today and I have that on now. 
I'm excited to be on two wheels finally.  A long time coming but here I am........Rollin'!! 

How do I post pictures?  The image button is just adding [img][img] to the post and I can't copy and paste any photos. 

Cheers,
McG
McG99

Offline Larry Fine

• View Profile
  • Bike: 96 NH 750
Re: First time rider!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 04:14:44 PM »
I'm excited to be on two wheels finally.  A long time coming but here I am........Rollin'!!

Welcome to both the forum and the world of motorcycling.  wlcm1

How do I post pictures?  The image button is just adding [img][img] to the post and I can't copy and paste any photos.

That's BBC (bulletin board code). You insert the URL of an image between the ] and the [ so your image must be uploaded to a hosting website, such as Flickr.

Offline Captainkirk

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '85 Nighthawk S
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 08:37:35 PM »
Welcome to the forum, and to riding and owning a Nighthawk! You chose one of the best bikes possible, very little maintenance, plenty of parts availability, handles well and enough power to get the job done with ease, yet not overdo it.
I use Flickr as well, let me know if you get stuck (PM me)
Measure twice, cut once

Offline sgarnett

• View Profile
  • Bike: 91 NH 750
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 02:32:03 AM »
Hi, I'm less than two months ahead of you on the same path. I took the class in June, and found my 91 750 in July. The biggest problem was just getting the clutch working again after sitting for two years. Several hours and a lot of sweat later, I was making the long drive home much later than I had planned.

I've been impressed by how stable and forgiving the Nighthawk is.

Offline DesertDragon

• View Profile
  • Bike: 96 Honda NH
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 07:10:15 PM »
Wow - First time rider and you managed to select the best motorcycle ever made!
Good job.
I've had my 96 for 11 years and it's never left me stranded.
You also found a great forum - There are some very knowledgeable and helpful folks on here.

Enjoy the ride!
Keep the Rubber on the Bottom!

DD

Offline smp

• View Profile
  • Bike: '93 CB750
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 06:23:05 AM »
How do I post pictures?  The image button is just adding

The link/URL goes between the two img tags. The forum also has a help section and this is the thread about posting images:
http://nighthawk-forums.com/index.php?topic=323.0

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved