Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello from Austria  (Read 266 times)

Offline ruezi

• View Profile
  • Bike: 750 NH - 1991
Hello from Austria
« on: September 04, 2017, 02:54:45 AM »
Hello
My name is Rüdiger and I come from the small country Austria. I´m living in Vienna.
Short time ago, a collegue of mine didn´t want his bike a Honda CB 750 Nighthawk (1991) any more and he asked me if I want to have it for free. It has not been startet the last 15 years and stood under a carport! I decided to look for it. Brakes do not work, tank full of rust, old tyres, battery k.o., chain k.o. but the engine has only 27.000 Miles on the speedo. This model was never built for the European market.
First of all is to get the rusty tank clean, then to clean the carburettor with ultrasonic and then first start.... we will see...  haphap
I will make a short video when I will start the engine for the first time after this Long time. If it runs quite well, then I will invest more money to get a beautiful Nighthawk.
Anyway I´m very astonished, that there ist nearly no rust on the Frame or the exhausts - very good old Honda Quality.
Beside this Nighthawk I own a Goldwing 1500, a Honda Transalp 600 and a Vespa PX 200 - all about 20-30 years old, so that I can do all main works on it.

Greetings
Rüdiger

P.S. I saw it now... mabye this post ist better in the "members news" area - Admin could you please transfer it to there?
Over 280.000 crazy Miles on my bikes

Offline Raven

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1982 CB650SC
Re: Hello from Austria
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 04:24:35 AM »
Welcome to the forum. :clap: Wie gehts Rudiger?

I think you are the only Austrian here.
The exhaust looks like something might be living inside. Check for rodent nests etc. Overall the bike seems to be in quite good shape.
I had a 1965 Vespa 180  Super Sport when I was 14. I loved that bike. I wish I still had it.
Enjoy the Nighthawk. I'm sure with a bit of work it will serve you well for many years to come.

Offline ruezi

• View Profile
  • Bike: 750 NH - 1991
Re: Hello from Austria
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 04:59:28 AM »
Thanks  haphap
Wow a 180 Super Sport.... in a good condition you would get about 8-9,000$ here in Austria. My best friend owns still one. Vespa is annother world, very simple technic, ever lasting - like a traktor.
I hope you´re right concerning the Nighthawk... I will see and report here
Greetings
Rüdiger
Over 280.000 crazy Miles on my bikes

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved