Username: Password:

Author Topic: Old Stablemates  (Read 1715 times)

Offline Prairiedog50

• View Profile
  • Bike: '95 Nighthawk
Old Stablemates
« on: May 28, 2014, 06:29:58 PM »
I had a thing for Suzuki's for years so here are a few old stablemates.
Volusia Limited

Canadian spec GS1150EF. Love the gold wheels.

The Hayabusa in its natural enviroment.
-Dan

Offline gn83tm

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1983 CB650SC
Re: Old Stablemates
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 09:00:23 PM »
What year is the 1150?  I have a hole in my heart created by a 1983 GS750ES.  Didn't own it, but rode it for a year, since my buddy lost his license on it :)  I've been looking on/off for a 1983-1985 550 or 750 E or ES for many years and haven't found anything close.  Someday I'll have another one though.

BTW, that 'busa pic is awesome!
Just happy to be here :)

Offline Prairiedog50

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 09:38:23 PM »
What year is the 1150?  I have a hole in my heart created by a 1983 GS750ES.  Didn't own it, but rode it for a year, since my buddy lost his license on it :)  I've been looking on/off for a 1983-1985 550 or 750 E or ES for many years and haven't found anything close.  Someday I'll have another one though.

BTW, that 'busa pic is awesome!
The 1150 is an '84. They didn't stick around long. They were kind of hybrid bike. The frame was perimeter style much like the 1st generation GSXR while the engine was still last generation.  The Canadian bike had bigger carbs and a few more European touches such as the gold wheels. It was a bike I had always wanted and always wanted to love but ultimately it had so many basic design issues it made it hard to live with. It was increadibly top heavy and fell into turns so that you had to really be careful at slow speeds or it would get away from you. The bars where at an odd angle and within 15 minutes your right hand fell asleep. Later models had higher bars and where more comfortable. Incredibly reliable and great at speed.
The Hayabusa was good for getting tickets but what a blast at almost a football field a second. Thanks
The folks over at the GS forums can point you in the right direction if you are looking for one.

Here's a better picture of the 'Busa
-Dan

Offline Hog Dog

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 750
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 08:31:29 PM »
Did the busa cost too much in insurance and tickets?  186 mph bike is too tempting.
Lucky Lindy's evil twin

Offline RJ CB650

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 82 CB650sc
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 10:03:01 PM »
Thought that highway looked familiar, then I saw your location and was all "Thought so"  Then I remembered that half the highways in this province look like that.  Give a shout next time in Regina o/

Offline Prairiedog50

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 08:33:19 PM »
I got rid of the Busa for a few reasons. First the insurance was getting unbearable. Saskatchewan has a government monopoly insurance provider so we don't have any options and it was $2100 a year. Tickets were also an issue. Considering they do about 130kmh in 1st they just get ridiculous after that. Speed is always a tempation. I as doing just over 100mph when he got me. Finally I got rid of it because it was boring to ride. 30mph in town, 65 mph on the highway and it was never working. Stunning bike but just boring to ride.
-Dan

Offline Prairiedog50

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 08:34:27 PM »
Thought that highway looked familiar, then I saw your location and was all "Thought so"  Then I remembered that half the highways in this province look like that.  Give a shout next time in Regina o/
I get down to Regina for work once and awhile. I'll let you know the next time I'm in the neighborhood.
-Dan

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved