Username: Password:

Author Topic: New bike - first post!  (Read 295 times)

Offline Hoodooman

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1997 CB250
New bike - first post!
« on: September 26, 2017, 01:55:01 PM »
Howdy Folks,
Newbie here, both to the forum & motorcycling in general... The wife & I took the MSF class a couple of months ago, then went & bought a new motorcycle (2017 Honda CMX500), that we've both been practicing on - just tooling around the neighborhood. For the last month or so, I hunted high & low for an older bike to ride around the backroads on - I looked at ads for everything from Honda Rebel 250's, Yamaha XJ400's & 650/750's, Suzuki Savages & S40's to vintage CB's. Well - I'm happy to say that after looking high & low, as of 2 days ago I'm the proud owner of another Honda twin - a 1997 Nighthawk 250. It's got 2185 miles on the odometer, although the fellow I purchased it from wasn't the original owner, so he couldn't verify if that is in fact accurate. I've got to say - these Wee-hawks are just fun little bikes.

Edit - still trying to figure out the photo features...  ridn2
Small bikes, Big fun...

Online mollusc

• View Profile
  • Bike: CB700S | NC700X
Re: New bike - first post!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 04:51:24 PM »
Photos have to be hosted on an external site.
See http://nighthawk-forums.com/index.php/topic,323.0.html for details.  (In the "Forum Guides and Help" section.)

Don't use Photobucket.  They require a paid account for you to link to your images.
made of meat

Offline alan f

• View Profile
  • Bike: CM400C CB250NH
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 08:54:52 PM »
Welcome,  not too many 250 owners here but plenty of know how to get us through anything.

Offline Hoodooman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 09:26:28 PM »
Thanks for the welcome guys!

https://flic.kr/p/YTo6xr is the link I was trying to use to attach the hosted picture... I get the pop-up box for the advanced editor, paste the link, but it's not attaching it in the field below (at least that I can see...) I suppose I'll try playing with it tomorrow...
Small bikes, Big fun...

Offline Larry Fine

• View Profile
  • Bike: 96 NH 750
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 09:46:54 PM »
Allow me:

Offline Hoodooman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 10:02:20 PM »
Thanks Larry!

I don't know what's acting squirrely on my PC... Maybe some goofy Windows10 setting that I'm missing. The PO had the tank smoothed & re-painted, so I'm debating whether to put the correct Honda "wing" on it, some "old school" tattoo themed art (Aces, Lucky 13's, etc), or just leave it smooth. We already added it to the insurance & got the plate & sticker for it, so now I just need to get out there & ride it.

That is, if I can keep it away from the wife... I think she likes it more then the brand new CMX500 we have, thanks to its super-light weight & the "gentleness" of the power delivery on roll-on. The 500 still intimidates her a little when she inadvertently blips the throttle. She keeps hopping on the Nighthawk when I'm not looking & driving around the property.
Small bikes, Big fun...

Online mollusc

• View Profile
  • Bike: CB700S | NC700X
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 05:36:43 AM »
In the box that pops up you have to select the BBcode, not the direct link.  Then the image will show up as it did for Larry.
Nothing to do with Windows.
made of meat

Offline Larry Fine

• View Profile
  • Bike: 96 NH 750
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 06:44:25 AM »
Actually, I opened the source code for the Flickr page and found the image's direct URL.

Offline Hoodooman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 11:28:54 AM »
Actually, I opened the source code for the Flickr page and found the image's direct URL.

That's what I had to do on the post I just put in the "Stablemates" forum. The BB code wasn't working for me for some reason.
Small bikes, Big fun...

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved