Username: Password:

Author Topic: Mobil Super Fuel Update - It must be the Unicorn Gravy..  (Read 158 times)

Offline DesertDragon

• View Profile
  • Bike: 96 Honda NH
Mobil Super Fuel Update - It must be the Unicorn Gravy..
« on: October 26, 2017, 02:36:36 PM »
Poster Rubo had mentioned his notice of performance difference when he switched his 750 to a premium fuel diet on a thread a while back.
I did the same with my bike as an experiment and there was a lot of discussion on a thread - More fun with fuel.
According to HpPants, it might have been the secret "Unicorn Gravy" additive.. 
haphap
Most of my early mileage results were based on local low speed driving for comparison purposes with regular grade fuel, but I also have been doing more driving on the Interstate where the posted limit is 75. 
My '96 CB 750 running primarily Interstate has delivered 53 and 55 mpg's on the last two tanks. (Typical was 45 on regular).
Each tank included several full throttle idle to redline "blow out the carbon" runs between my two town exits on the freeway...
Mobil says they have something added to increase mileage. 
Whatever it is, it seems to be working well for me.
 ridn2

Keep the Rubber on the Bottom!

DD

Offline Adventurer

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mobil Super Fuel Update - It must be the Unicorn Gravy..
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 10:26:20 PM »
Sweet...haven't noticed any Mobiles lately, but will have to check one out soon!!
Every day is a gift.

Offline DesertDragon

• View Profile
  • Bike: 96 Honda NH
Re: Mobil Super Fuel Update - It must be the Unicorn Gravy..
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 11:10:48 AM »
Sweet...haven't noticed any Mobiles lately, but will have to check one out soon!!
Fuel tends to be a regional commodity... The super I've been using was the "Synergy" Super.
My average mpg has increased since I started using it, but I did see a mpg bump on the first tank.
The 55 I got on the last tank was a big surprise (well, so was the 53)..
I've never managed to get better than the 40's in mpg on regular that I always used before regardless of driving conditions.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should point out that I have a Rifle Sport fairing which reduces drag, and a 17/38 gear ratio, which means I'm turning about 4K rpm at 75 mph, and both of these factors (IMHO) contribute to my mpg results, especially at high speed on the interstate.
Keep the Rubber on the Bottom!

DD

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved