Username: Password:

Author Topic: 'The Pace' to return in 2018...supposedly  (Read 162 times)

Offline Bajakirch

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '12 V-Strom 650
'The Pace' to return in 2018...supposedly
« on: December 30, 2017, 05:37:01 AM »
I'm an avid podcast listener, and subscribe to several motorcycle-themed 'casts. I was disappointed when one of my favorites, The Pace, essentially went dark without much explanation over a year ago.

I liked The Pace because of it's relatively no-nonsense approach to the format; I've heard it referred to as "the NPR of motorcycle podcasts". The general tomfoolery of WheelNerds or Cleveland Moto can be fun, but sometimes you just want to hear stuff straight-up.

On the last episode of WheelNerds, they had James from The Pace on as a guest and he stated that the show went into hiatus primarily because his co-host, Chris, took a new job that was causing him to work crazy hours, leaving no time to record -- much less edit -- a regular show. According to James, they have a plan to bring it back in 2018, using a slightly modified format that will fit better into his co-host's busy schedule.

I have my fingers crossed...

Get on your bikes and ride!

Offline jspringator

• View Profile
Re: 'The Pace' to return in 2018...supposedly
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 11:55:56 AM »
I've listened to the ADV rider podcast a couple of times.  It thought it was kind of boring.  I'll have to give these two a listen.
00 ST1100 ABS II
XT225 with Webcams cam, HC piston

Offline Bajakirch

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '12 V-Strom 650
Re: 'The Pace' to return in 2018...supposedly
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 03:37:35 PM »
I listen to the Adventure Rider Radio podcast; I'm not sure if that's the same one you're referring to. If so, I agree that it's maybe not the most exciting show. But I feel the host, Jim, is a good interviewer and I enjoy hearing stories from the world travelers he talks with.

Some others I listen to regularly:

WheelNerds - My favorite. It's a humorous, yet still informative, show. Chuck and Todd, the hosts, have good chemistry and they've given me a few laugh-out-loud moments over the years. It's a bit raw, so those with sensitive ears may not care for some of humor. Production value is also above-average, based on my experience listening to lots of podcasts.

Cleveland Moto - A recent addition, and I'm working my way through back episodes at this time. I'm a bit iffy on this one. On one hand, they talk a lot about vintage bikes, Phil's a halfway-decent master-of-ceremonies, and they are (generally) proponents of ATGATT, which I enjoy. But there's usually 4-5 participants and it's hard to listen when multiple people are talking at once. And the other off-putting item is that they regularly and frequently talk about drinking and riding/driving, even laughing about how drunk they were on recent trips. I guess it could be argued they're doing this for 'entertainment value'. But it all just rings a little too true to me, and I'm very much opposed to that sort of thing.

Cafe Racer - Don't be fooled by the name -- they typically talk about all varieties of bikes. I'd say this one is as close to The Pace as I've heard, though it falls a little shy of that standard, to me. The addition of Steve as a co-host definitely brought the quality up. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the near future, as the other host (Chris, or 'Crash') is active-duty Air Force and will be away from the podcast during an upcoming deployment in 2018.
Get on your bikes and ride!

Copyright © 2006 - 2018 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved