Username: Password:

Author Topic: buying a 2002 nighthawk  (Read 144 times)

Offline ed

• View Profile
  • Bike: nothing yetTFDH
buying a 2002 nighthawk
« on: January 25, 2018, 03:57:40 PM »
Hi I'm a new member, my name is Ed. I'm thinking of buying a 2002 nighthawk. My main concern is can I get parts for it? It has around 13000 miles on it. the picture of it looks good. Is there anything in particular I should look for when I inspect the bike. All help will be welcome, thanks.

Offline Wahrsuul

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
Re: buying a 2002 nighthawk
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 04:57:37 AM »
Parts are fairly easy to get, either from the stealer or ebay.  Several online places to get them as well.

Offline DesignFlaw06

• View Profile
  • Bike: 2006 Yamaha FJR
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 05:52:25 AM »
Hi I'm a new member, my name is Ed. I'm thinking of buying a 2002 nighthawk. My main concern is can I get parts for it? It has around 13000 miles on it. the picture of it looks good. Is there anything in particular I should look for when I inspect the bike. All help will be welcome, thanks.

Tires for sure.  13,000 miles isn't a lot and reason to be a little suspicious for a 16 year old bike.  It is likely the tires are old.  I think if they are older than 5 years, you should replace them.  Date should be marked on the tire.  Make sure you tell the seller you want to start it cold.  I'd be more suspicious if the bike was already warm when you go look at it.  Also take a look at the chain.  Make sure it is properly lubed and tight.

Offline glenncal1

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1993 Nighthawk
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 07:19:09 AM »
Ed- do a google search, lots of resources for tips on buying a used MC. Honda parts are easy get. If you do get the bike get a parts guide for it and then search online by part number and you will find pretty much anything. Good luck with the search.  cheers3

Copyright © 2006 - 2018 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved