Username: Password:

Author Topic: New guy to this forum and just picked up a FREE '83 Nighthawk  (Read 144 times)

Offline KFlo238

• View Profile
  • Bike: '83Nighthawk650
New guy to this forum and just picked up a FREE '83 Nighthawk
« on: February 04, 2018, 03:56:59 PM »
Hey Guys,

The name is Karl and I'm an engineer and a hobbyist mechanic. I'm pretty good at fixing stuff. I'm riding a '92 Ninja 600 and rebuilding an '83 nighthawk (which I picked up from a colleague for free 99  yaaaah3). The bike wasn't running for 20+ years but I finally got the engine to turn over and idle just last week  :clap:.  I'm currently documenting the build of my Nighthawk on Youtube channel if anyone is interested in checking it out, I've already released two videos on my Nighthawk Rebuild (Youtube.com/KCi238). I hope to interact with you and pick your knowledge on some of the head-scratching portion of the diagnosis for this bike repair!

-Karl

Offline glenncal1

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1993 Nighthawk
Re: New guy to this forum and just picked up a FREE '83 Nighthawk
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 06:37:01 AM »
Beware the "FREE" Motorcycle, Car, Boat etc  cheers3

Offline DesertDragon

• View Profile
  • Bike: 96 Honda NH
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 09:32:18 AM »
Is that related to the old adage that there is "nothing as expensive as a free dog"...
 haphap

Good luck with your rebuild..
Hopefully more cleaning and adjusting and less part replacement, the finding of which may be your biggest challenge..
Keep the Rubber on the Bottom!

DD

Offline Rakillia

• Dedicated Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 84 CB700S
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 05:12:25 PM »
I did an 85 CB650.  Its an easy bike work on  The fuse box under the headlight is annoying but otherwise pretty straight forward.  Except for plastics and the tank, parts are easy to find.  Any questions just ask

Copyright © 2006 - 2018 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved