Username: Password:

Author Topic: New to the forum on an 83 CB650 Special Nighthawk  (Read 85 times)

Offline 209Sparky

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1983 CB650SC
New to the forum on an 83 CB650 Special Nighthawk
« on: February 15, 2018, 08:24:25 PM »
Hello all,
      I just joined the forum today but have had my first bike, 83 CB650SC, for a little over two years now. I’m a younger rider and have only ever done light work on vehicles before but work as an electrician so I’m fairly handy with my tools. I’ve been absolutely in love with my bike and finally had the motivation and proper time off of work to get her up and running again after a short stint with a drained battery and a blown starter. Blown starter was my fault, don’t listen to your electrician friends when they say you can connect up your car battery and try to see if your bike will start that way. One replacement battery and starter from amazon later and we are back on the road. I’m in California and my live in girlfriend enjoys riding together around our area. I have lots on my to do list; breaks, form seals, leaky peacock, turn signal issues and digital display to name a few but look forward to tackling them, with the help of all the fine people here on the forum. So watch for me in the technical section as I am sure I will need to pick your collective brains in order to bring my wonderful machine back to tip top shape. Thanks everyone and hopefully I’ll have some better pictures soon.

Offline ExTex

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500F
Re: New to the forum on an 83 CB650 Special Nighthawk
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 08:49:21 PM »
Beautiful Bike.

Welcome.

Ride safely

Sold:1983 CB650sc & VT500c & VF700S

Offline Raven

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1982 CB650SC
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 05:29:51 AM »
Welcome to the forum. My Nighthawk is special too.

Offline 209Sparky

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1983 CB650SC
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 06:36:26 PM »
Thanks for the welcome guys. Very cool that your nails and mine are only 1 model year off raven. Any special care tips. Being in Canada I’m sure the cold weather plays a bigger role than the California sun my bike gets, but still.

Offline Raven

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1982 CB650SC
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 06:54:37 PM »
My best tip would be keep it in a garage if possible. If you don't have a garage or shed get a cover.
  I keep mine in my heated basement in the winter until riding weather returns.

Copyright © 2006 - 2018 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved