Username: Password:

Author Topic: "The Hawk" Honda Nighthawk 750 Cafe Racer. Euro tank Conversion & More  (Read 34585 times)

Offline Hog Dog

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 750
Re: A sweet 93 Nighthawk 750 Cafe Racer w/ euro tank conversion
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2015, 09:43:35 PM »
 pcorn1 Keep us updated on your progress.
Lucky Lindy's evil twin

Offline jhockman

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2015, 06:25:46 AM »
Will do, have been riding it everyday and haven't had a chance to do much of anything to her. Will post some pictures of her all stripped down and ratted out later on. currently about to revamp the cosmetics with a sweet laverda/guzzi half fairing from Europe and going with a different rear seat. If anybody lives near Charlotte I will be at Cyclemania IV with the hawk tomorrow.
Thanks
-Jesse
5/29/15

Offline jhockman

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2015, 09:21:05 AM »
Bump* This bike is for sale. Info at top of post. Thanks!

Offline NHSH

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1993 Nighthawk
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2015, 07:15:26 AM »
I thought that the FZR front had much better suspension and brakes, why you couldn't make it work?

Offline jhockman

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2015, 08:38:57 AM »
I thought that the FZR front had much better suspension and brakes, why you couldn't make it work?
If it wasn't tweaked it would have and I probably would have done the single sided swing arm swap from the vfr750 lol. i have a picture of the straight on front of the nighthawk when it had the FZR front end and you could look at the pinch bolts on the bottom of the fork and see that they weren't aligned straight. The rotor on one side would slap the caliper and make a constant clicking noise. If you get the stock Nighthawk front end set up right the bike handles awesome. with the super brace, good tires and RFY shocks it rides and handles like a new bike. I've taken some pretty hard curves at 55-60 at full tilt with confidence.

Offline NHSH

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2015, 10:18:20 PM »
It did look sharp though with the FZR forks ;-) I love USD Forks, I was actually thinking to upgrade the front end to CBR1000RR front, if I could find a set in a reasonable price.

Offline niceguy

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2015, 07:36:51 PM »
Aw man I was hoping to see where you took the the 750 lol.  I'm still torn between finding another 700s like I had, getting something newer like a 599/600hornet, 919 (like the styling for a modern bike) or something cheaper like the 750.

If I can at least make it look a little better. 

Are you moving on to another bike or something?

-Jeremy

Offline NHSH

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2015, 10:44:26 PM »
Aw man I was hoping to see where you took the the 750 lol.  I'm still torn between finding another 700s like I had, getting something newer like a 599/600hornet, 919 (like the styling for a modern bike) or something cheaper like the 750.

If I can at least make it look a little better. 

Are you moving on to another bike or something?

-Jeremy

Here is another thing you can do with the 750: http://nighthawk-forums.com/index.php/topic,1701.0.html

Offline niceguy

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2015, 10:41:18 PM »
Hey thanks, I saw that (your?) bike on another forum some months back (late last year I think) when first starting to consider another bike and that's really cool.

I really miss my '84 700s (quick sold for $500 because I was getting married and my wife begged me to sell it since it worried her when I rode it, sigh.  I was only 23 at the time so what can I say lol)

I just don't think I want to deal with a 30 year old setup now so the 750 is looking like a decent project if I can modernize the cosmetics a bit (wheels and rear plastics/tail and tank mostly...I guess that's most everything up top isn't it haha).

Hope all works out for you OP.  If I weren't in Memphis, I'd be interested in checking it out myself...

Offline cg2537

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1983 CB650SC
Re: "The Hawk" Honda Nighthawk 750 Cafe Racer. Euro tank Conversion & More
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2016, 06:32:04 PM »
I'm loving the seven fifty tank on this bike. So much that I bought one for the 93 I just got. The old teardrop tank looked similar to yours after the previous owner crashed. I was curious where you got your gas cap. I bought one of ebay that was supposed to be a direct fit but it seems the latches at the bottom of the cap don't go far enough down in tank to click properly. I was wondering if you had any issues with this, it's weird because the ring around the cap lines up and fits perfectly. Part was for a cb750f2. Any help is greatly appreciated! Hopefully I'm not too late as this is
an old thread

Offline Bagginz

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1991 nighthawk
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2016, 07:15:17 PM »
I bought a cap off ebay also. It also has slight fitment issues. Try closing the lid and tightening the mounting bolts afterward . That helped with mine
Life begins at 1 down and 4 up

Offline Watto

• View Profile
  • Bike: '84 CB700SC
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2016, 09:05:01 AM »
I like what you've done!  :clap: Love the pipes, awesome sound!  yaaaah3 Did you have to re-jet for the new mufflers?

Watto

Offline cg2537

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1983 CB650SC
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2016, 05:42:27 PM »
Thanks! I got it secured correctly now. It's a bummer because the tank i bought was covered in rust bad on the inside. I used metal rescue but I guess when I knocked that stuff loose, pinholes were uncovered that caused gas to create bubbles in the paint on the tank. I had to drain the gas and seal up the inside, which I should have done in the first place. Paint wasn't too shabby to begin with but now it looks like it's getting a fresh coat.  claugh1

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved