Username: Password:

Author Topic: 1982 CB750sc Nighthawk  (Read 1926 times)

Offline naota

• View Profile
  • Bike: 1982 CB750sc
1982 CB750sc Nighthawk
« on: May 26, 2014, 08:25:32 PM »
My bike is a 1982 Honda CB750SC nighthawk. I have had the bike for 3 years and I am almost done with getting her fully road worthy.  I have already done the fuse Mod for the bike, Replaced the Stator and the Voltage Regulator/Rectifyer, and replaced the master cylinder.

My current projects on the bike is replacing the front brake calipers as they ones that were on the bike were sticking but I cant take the pistons out and I figure replacing them would be the best option at this time. Other projects I am working on is having my Carbs refurbished and My tires are being replaced.

I have had much help from the community and I am very grateful to all of those who helped me :D 

Offline ariwhiteboy

• Last of the V8 Moderators
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB1K-Literhawk
Re: 1982 CB750sc Nighthawk
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 08:53:06 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing your first ride report Naota. You've not had an easy journey getting that bike on the road, but that will make each mile you ride all the more sweet.
 cheers3
What is good Phaedrus...

Offline naota

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 08:57:24 PM »
Thanks Ari. Between working full time and going back to school for my bachelors full time, its been hard to find time to workin on the bike. But I plan on getting her  running soon

Offline naota

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 03:24:16 PM »
Ordered two new brake calipers for my bike today. I pulled the carbs off last night. I am letting them air dry before I get them wrapped up and ready to be shipped to the refurbishment shop. Going to shop around town to see what the largest size of apple cider vinegar is sold so I know how much I need to buy to start my gas tank project.

Offline naota

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 03:42:18 PM »

These pictures are a bit old when I first bought the bike 3 years ago. When I get some more work done on it I will take some newer photos.

For those who are wondering how the backrest connects to the bike it connects to the side arms of the luggage rack with compression bolts.

Offline naota

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 05:53:27 PM »
I got the bike running for the most part in 2015. The carbs were cleaned, the brakes were overhauled, the front tire was replaced and I had a failed attempt at coating my gas tank. I took the bike out for a ride one day the bike stalled while I was maneuvering into my driveway and I couldn't catch myself in time and the bike landed on me. Luckily I landed in the grass the bike has highway bars on it. That saved my leg from being fully pinned down.  Since that fall, The bike hasn't been running right and I am suspecting its something to do with the gas tank or bad electrical. I haven't had the time to look further into it as I was finishing up my bachelors and working full time. In the mean time, for me to ride and get experience, I bought a 2015 ctx700 DCT which I have been riding as a commuter. This summer I hope to work on my bike more when I finish moving down to North Carolina and things settle down after the relocation for work.

Copyright © 2006 - 2015 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved