Username: Password:

Author Topic: Ramapo 500 2014 edition  (Read 1279 times)

Offline hockeyhawk

• View Profile
Ramapo 500 2014 edition
« on: July 17, 2014, 09:10:16 PM »
Last weekend was the annual Ramapo MC Clubs running of the Ramapo 500. The 500 is a 2 day ride that starts out in Congers NY and this year took us through 250 miles of awesome scenic back roads through the catskill mountains and the Adirondack mountains and eventually to Pine Lake Park Campground in Caroga Lake NY. The route and destination changes every year. Buffet style dinner is included with a cash bar. They had some awards and door prizes in which I won a $100 gift card to a local BMW dealer and as irony would have it Kitch won a polishing cloth. Kitch and Bernoodle decided to stay at a not so near by hotel while the rest of us camped. We had a great time hanging at camp, drinking some cold beers and I tried a drink that my new Korean friends are fond of, Vodka that has been sitting for 3 yrs with ginseng root in it and it wasn't bad, I had 1 and stuck with the cold beers for the rest of the evening. We all gathered back at camp in the morning for the buffet style breakfast and of course much needed coffee. After breakfast we geared up and headed back another 250ish miles back to NJ at the Rhodes Tavern which is the finish line. Our group included myself, Kitch, Hawks Nest, Bernoodle and a couple of HN's friends. Here are a few pics I took along the way, I did not take as many as I usually do but here are a few to share.

My FZ1 waiting for Kitch at our meetup point in NJ.

The registration location at the VFW in Congers NY

A couple pics of one of many lakes we passed on the ride.

Bernie, Kitch and I at one of the look outs.

Kitch, Nicholas and I, same look out.

A couple more from the look out area.

Last stop for the first day was camp and this was my day 1 milage.

Getting camp set up.

Dinner location.

The view from the cafeteria front door.

Some of us enjoying the finer things in life.

Day 2 we did not take as many pics but we did manage to get this one. From left to right Bernoodle, Hockeyhawk, Hawks Nest, Kitch and Sang.

All sad and done, it was a great ride, great roads and great friends old and new. For Kitch, Nicholas and I it was our 3rd year in a row and we hope to keep it rolling.
My end of weekend milage was my most miles ever in 2 days. '
03 FZ1, 97 DR650

Offline DesignFlaw06

• View Profile
  • Bike: 2006 Yamaha FJR
Re: Ramapo 500 2014 edition
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 07:07:03 AM »
Looks like a lot of fun. Maybe Nick and I will make it out for that one of these days.

Now follow the rest of your gang and get your ass to WV!

Offline hockeyhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 07:27:51 PM »
Looks like a lot of fun. Maybe Nick and I will make it out for that one of these days.

Now follow the rest of your gang and get your ass to WV!

Thanks Tim, I'd love to make it out to WV but as you know my boys and their hockey eat up a lot of my time, sept is tough for me. We will ride together again soon, I promise. Hope you guys have a great trip
03 FZ1, 97 DR650

Online Hog Dog

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Nighthawk 750
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 08:29:01 PM »
Looks like ya'll had a great weekend of riding and camping.
Lucky Lindy's evil twin

Copyright © 2006 - 2018 Nighthawk-Forums.com
All Rights Reserved