Hello all, new to the forums and (sort of) new to riding. I rode dirt bikes in my earlier years and decided to give the middle finger to risk and buy a motorcycle. I decided on the Nighthawk because I love Hondas, it's a good looking bike, and it's small enough to be a good starting bike. I'm 6' 3" so I was worried a small bike wouldn't fit, but this one is perfect. So far I've put over 2,000 miles on her in just a few months, so I think I like this.
I've dropped a new(er) engine into it and had a few minor parts replaced. I plan on doing the following over the next year or so:
- New clutch (this one is starting to slip)
- Paint her black with yellow accents
- Install some hard bags (like these)
- Install a sissy bar to hold my backpack for long trips
- Replace the headlamp (cracked)
- Put some new foam in the seat
- Install some handlebars that fit me better (the stock ones are too far forward for my 6' frame)
If anyone has any suggestions or links to point me at to help me get started, I would greatly appreciate it.
I also have the old engine laying around for parts. If anyone is in desperate need of 450 parts, let me know. The engine I took out was running just fine, it just had a broken timing chain tensioner.